KATANA - Questions and issue (might be user error)

Started by JetFixxxer, December 10, 2017, 12:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetFixxxer

If I make changes to each AMP TYPE settings through Tone Studio and write to panel does that save my settings for that AMP TYPE.  So for example if I select BROWN, tweak the amp for sound/tone I like are those settings saved just to that AMP TYPE?  Also when I make changes to the effects on one AMP TYPE will it be the same throughout Amp Types?

Issue I'm having is when I assign my Delay for example I have Green = Tape, Yellow = Analog, and Red = SDE-3000.  If I change the delay on my ANALOG (doesn't matter which one) settings it changes the other two as well.  For example I setup my SDE to 1400 and then I changed my Analog to 200.  I went back to the SDE and Tape and they both were at 200.

Is there a way to adjust the delay time on the amp itself? or even fine tune effects?

admin

QuoteIs there a way to adjust the delay time on the amp itself

Use the Tap Tempo Button on the amp.

gumtown

Quote from: JetFixxxer on December 10, 2017, 12:04:20 PM
If I make changes to each AMP TYPE settings through Tone Studio and write to panel does that save my settings for that AMP TYPE.  So for example if I select BROWN, tweak the amp for sound/tone I like are those settings saved just to that AMP TYPE?  Also when I make changes to the effects on one AMP TYPE will it be the same throughout Amp Types?
The amp settings are saved for that particular channel, in this case the "panel" is itself an amp channel (or patch), the settings are not saved as "amp type", the amp type is only one of many selections to be made in the process of setting a "tone" for a channel.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

JetFixxxer

Does each AMP Type get 4 channels (patch)or is it 4 Total?

admin

With latest firmware

Kat 50 = 4 channels

Kat 100 = 8 channels

As detailed in the latest owners manual ( suggested reading)

JetFixxxer

Quote from: admsustainiac on December 11, 2017, 08:08:12 AM
With latest firmware

Kat 50 = 4 channels

Kat 100 = 8 channels

As detailed in the latest owners manual ( suggested reading)

I've read it, watched numerous videos on youtube, check out FAQ and the GearPage, and this is why I'm here.

Does each AMP TYPE get BANK A (Ch1 & CH2) and a BANK B (Ch1 & Ch2)? 

When setting up my delays why does it not keep the delay time I set?  I want my Ananlog at 250ms while the SDE  at 1200ms. If I change the Analog the SDE changes as well. 

JetFixxxer

Quote from: admsustainiac on December 11, 2017, 08:33:35 AM
Depends on your specific Katana model

Read Katana FAQ
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19048.0

Thanks.
I've been through that FAQ several times before I signed up here.  Not to say I didn't overlook the answers I'm looking for.  I will check it out again.

gumtown

The way to look at the Katana is each Channel can have any settings saved, an Amp type and tone settings, delay types and rates, effect types.
Each Channel is a snapshot saved of the available Katana settings and effects.
The snapshot of settings is saved at the point the channel save button is held in, or saved to the Katana in the Tone Studio software.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

JetFixxxer

I'm not able to find anything on why changing delay time on one effect affects all others.    I see where it tells you to do a factory reset if having an issue with delay.  I already performed a factory reset and still having the same issue. 

gumtown

Quote from: JetFixxxer on December 10, 2017, 12:04:20 PM
Issue I'm having is when I assign my Delay for example I have Green = Tape, Yellow = Analog, and Red = SDE-3000.  If I change the delay on my ANALOG (doesn't matter which one) settings it changes the other two as well.  For example I setup my SDE to 1400 and then I changed my Analog to 200.  I went back to the SDE and Tape and they both were at 200.

Is there a way to adjust the delay time on the amp itself? or even fine tune effects?
The coloured buttons only change the effect type, the delay effect, call it DELAY 1, is the same one delay unit, imagine it as a stand alone Boss Delay Pedal.
The colour buttons are changing the delay "type" setting, but the "time" setting is still the same one (on some of the delay types).

To have a different delay time, you need to save that delay in another Channel.

JetFixxxer

Quote from: gumtown on December 11, 2017, 12:49:01 PM
The coloured buttons only change the effect type, the delay effect, call it DELAY 1, is the same one delay unit, imagine it as a stand alone Boss Delay Pedal.
The colour buttons are changing the delay "type" setting, but the "time" setting is still the same one (on some of the delay types).

To have a different delay time, you need to save that delay in another Channel.

Does that hold true in the Booster as well?

gumtown

Quote from: JetFixxxer on December 11, 2017, 01:15:54 PM
Does that hold true in the Booster as well?
Yes, same thing, the colour buttons select the Booster "Type", and all share the same booster set of parameters.

A little different for the MOD and FX, as each effect type has it's own set of parameters.