SY-300 - Headphones to quiet

Started by gobi, September 19, 2017, 12:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobi

I would like to take the SY300 on a trip, but my Headphones ( I have two of them) are to quiet. Is there a feature to rise the power, or do  I need other phones?
...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany

admin

The SY-300 Headphone jack is a bit of an afterthought

If on a trip, Id feed the SY-300 output into the Aux input on Boss  GT-1 and connect headphones to the GT-1

Or seek small FIIO headphone amplifier

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-A1-Black-Portable-Headphone/dp/B01LYYKP29/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505851052&sr=8-2&keywords=FIIO

gobi

Thanx, I found a pair which is much louder
...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany

rolandvg99

Quote from:  philjynx on September 19, 2017, 02:20:29 PM
You probably need headphones with a lower impedance.

Agreed. Have numerous headsets and my AKG K240DF is the only one in need of an external amp. It's a 600 ohm pair of cans.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

mooncaine

I love my Sony MDRV6 Studio Monitor Headphones so much (been using them since at least 2004) that I bought 2 more pair. One goes with my VG-99 and stays with it. The other I use for everything else. Oh, and I bought a pair for my wife.

Light, folding, but quality built and the sound is great. I also have an old AKG240 (I think) at my office. Sounds great, too, but it's even older.

Brak(E)man

Low volume is good for the ears.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

rolandvg99

Quote from: Brak(E)man on September 20, 2017, 12:25:53 AM
Low volume is good for the ears.

Indeed.
My favourite listening device is my pair of Etymotic ER4S. Can even keep low levels on a loud, noisy stage. Around 40 db attenuation is a real hearing saver.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner