Electric Guitar is Dead (your opinion)

Started by yuri, May 25, 2016, 08:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yuri

Eletric guitar  and his sound    ,who once expressed some energy and   importance  for many generation and music  . Now   at  this modern  time  -I see also  this  , YES  Eletric Guitar   is Dead instrument (  for   pubblic , for has become an instrument of  passed and  not as important for music -(Important, as  more or   less  an trumpet).You can play as Jimi Hendrix, but most people do not react  more  to this sound . borring for all .    ..Your opinion about, Thanks      ----------------------- (Goran Bregovic ex guitar rock  star and world star composer say about ) !I have replaced the sound of electric guitars sound the trumpet from this area, because I think that they emit more powerful energy. The sound of trumpets accompanies me wherever past decade performing in the world and people recognize the energy of the Balkans. There are in all of this and a positive madness trumpet true that very well. That's why I call this tour "When you do not go crazy this is not normal." With trumpets get some kind of human growth real madness. Much like early punk who played amateur and did not know how to fine tune to. But the energy was in the foreground. So what now perform on stage with Allen and the orchestra is actually the order "White Button" should look like today - says Bregovic, who with his Orchestra for Weddings and Funerals has long become a "world music" hero world scene.http://www.24sata.rs/bregovic-i-dalje-me-pogada-prica-bijelog-dugmeta/1113

Elantric

In my town,  Electric Guitar is "not dead yet" and my 2 cents, Brass sections are not replacing Guitarists anytime soon.
Traditionally Horn players (and their habits) are often the root source of the demise of many great musicians
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18098.0

http://www.mikebloomfieldamericanmusic.com/bioinset2.htm
The Electric Flag's first club set was for Bill Graham at the Fillmore Auditorium in August. Their second weekend there, they were second on the bill for a show that included Eric Clapton and Cream and Larry Coryell with jazz vibes player Gary Burton. Michael Bloomfield must have felt that hot guitar players were coming out of the woodwork. Buddy later said that they were bested by Cream, who were making their West Coast debut, but Michael was mildly reproachful of Clapton's ear-splitting, marathon solos. "Freaking the kids out" was alright but it was not something he was into, he told the L.A. Free Press.
In September, the band was booked for several weeks into the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach, the venue Michael had played numerous times as a member of the Butterfield Blues Band. On the evening of September 30, police officers responding to a noise complaint arrested Barry Goldberg, Harvey Brooks, Nick Gravenites and Bloomfield in Goldberg's room at the Huntington Beach Motel. The four had been caught with marijuana, a "narcotics violation." They were arraigned at the police station and given a court date of October 20.
While no small matter, the Flag's Huntington Beach bust was only a symptom of a much larger problem – that of hard drug use among certain members of the band. While grass and LSD were commonly used by most of the members, Marcus Doubleday (Trumpet) had been a habitual heroin user before joining the band and Peter Strazza was soon addicted. Barry, who had had trouble with drugs and the law before, began indulging, and Michael, who at first was unaware of the horn players' narcotics use, was soon experimenting with heroin too. A roadie with the band acted as procurer, and in short order the Flag was often flying on more than just its musical prowess.
It was clear to Bloomfield and company that had been lucky that the bust had only charged them with marijuana possession. An atmosphere of paranoia soon permeated all things connected to the Electric Flag.

--

http://www.janisjoplin.net/news/100/48/Janis-Memphis-Meltdown/

Rehearsals began to lose their luster the following week. Gone were the rock celebrities and energized sessions. Trumpeter Marcus Doubleday began showing up late. He made a heroin connection, which eventually took precedent over scheduled rehearsals. Janis was getting agitated spending more time carousing pool halls and nightspots than rehearsing. She was also drinking more. I could see more welts swell beneath her inset eyes. Acne infected nearly every pore of her scarred face. In fact, I was starting to dread daily meetings with her.

yuri

Maybe even get to America , I do not know? But ..Here at Italy ,Electric guitar  is an instrument dead (unfortunately)Here guitar players  many  also virtuousus great prof guitarists  with high scool for guitar   , they are nothing more for  the public, so they play for an sandwich with salami    :(., I looked  his concert G Bregovic  ,with trumpets,the public is   jumping and  screaming, like when I saw Beatles film   all young  public !(i dont like  his Music   )but

yuri

See This !  This is now in Europe great  mode   

Elantric

Maybe Italy needs a Surf Band to tour the Adriatic coastal regions near Pescara?

yuri

I play only guitar  but  ,here all wanted play an trumpet      ! No longer available    here all wanted play an trumpet    ha , ha 

Cups

It may no longer be the focal point but there is a guitar in just about every band - ever. Young people are still picking it up.
Really though, the guitar,and rock and roll for that matter, should go back underground. Make it grand and good again.

chrish

Back in the the late 70's i auditioned for the part of the guy holding a guitar while wearing a tuxedo in a very large disco band. The band included a large horn section and at my first rehersal with the band, i thought they sounded good. The horn players  were all trained musicians. The tuxedos were ordered and a tour of the Pocano's (a mountain resort area of the U.S. East coast) was set to start after a few more rehersals. Ah, but an argument ensued, the horn players didn't want to rehearse, they had their parts down and didn't think that they needed to attend. Well, i didn't get the part, i blew a chord trying to play music that i had no interest in. The band broke up shortly after that and before the tour started. The guitar will continue to live simply because it can be learned and played by the masses, and you can sing along with it solo. Try doing that with a horn. I do however love the sound of a trumpet. 

whippinpost91850

WOW! That's just crazy. I couldn't imagin that working here in the States , but then again I have been wrong many times before ???

Elantric

maybe its time for guitarists in Italy to order a Boss GP-10 and use Ainsoph's Trumpet patch?
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18122.msg129023#msg129023

yuri

You saw eletric  guitar has become only a midi controller today  for many guitarist ( as me ), but this is not enough( good for studio ideas proget ), people want contact with   human ancient ( and anticity instruments as trombones)  not synt with trombones  !There is guestion  of RHYTAM,( as 50 year ago bit rhythm Rock and electric guitar sound  It was interesting, but not more  )people are tired of digital music ! .... people want  natural  energy  ethnic music  ,above all young European generation(above all that of the Balkans kult music ) is taking the   strong wind around the world ! - a big change like 50 years ago  rock 'n roll doing  . then certain instrumenti die like

eletric guitar sound

yuri

Very interesting Goran Bragovic   as rock star and great  guitarist  80's - he understood everything  and  left rock n roll 20 years ago   ! No longer available    year 1987   and   Rock that no longer exists  YEAR 1975   

Now_And_Then

The popularity of the guitar has its ups and downs. That will continue.

The unpredictable factor here is the change from "broadcasting' to "narrowcasting". In the US, for example, in any given market you had a small number of radio stations, what you have now is very large numbers of small and sometimes extremely small internet/network "radio stations". I'd think that this would have to have an effect, and a pronounced effect, on the degree of popularity that can be attained. And that will effect, among many, many other things, the kind of musical instruments that people will hear and want to learn to play.

I don't follow this too closely but there seem to be rather fewer "platinum record" grade acts, and they seem to be rather platinum than they were a decade of two ago. The pool of listeners available to be anyone's audience is exceedingly fractionized and less available than ever before.

(I agree with Goran Bregovic about the power of trumpets: I have been using them (trumpets but also flugelhorns and trombones) for decades because I love the sound. But guitars and trumpets to me are not interchangeable. )

Elantric

QuoteBut guitars and trumpets to me are not interchangeable. )

yuri

I think it's not only  matter of trumpets, question of ethnic  Rhytm ! ( very power rhythm of   Balcan , and Makedonia )   ,Balcan rhythm very impressive as Rock beat 50 yera ago  , as this rhytam

Now_And_Then

:))

Well, they're not interchangeable to me. They might be interchangeable to Dick Dale, and I envy him for it, but they're not, alas, interchangeable to me.

:))

Now_And_Then

Incidentally, I am familiar with Goran Bregovic from his soundtrack from the movie "Underground". Lemme put up a Youtube link to the best track from the movie: ! No longer available (and this track is terrific).(Will look for Ringe Ringe Raya".)

Here's an orchestral version:

! No longer available

chrish

Quote from: yuri on May 25, 2016, 11:25:17 AM
You saw eletric  guitar has become only a midi controller today  for many guitarist ( as me ), but this is not enough( good for studio ideas proget ), people want contact with   human ancient ( and anticity instruments as trombones)  not synt with trombones  !There is guestion  of RHYTAM,( as 50 year ago bit rhythm Rock and electric guitar sound  It was interesting, but not more  )people are tired of digital music ! .... people want  natural  energy  ethnic music  ,above all young European generation(above all that of the Balkans kult music ) is taking the   strong wind around the world ! - a big change like 50 years ago  rock 'n roll doing  . then certain instrumenti die like

eletric guitar sound
I think it's important to realize, that we here in the U.S.  don't have the rich cultural history (except of course our first nation cousins) that exists in other parts of the world. The guitar is our ethnic instrument and our history includes jazz, blues, rock, folk and country, which are all musical fussions derived from the countries from which we or our ancestors originated. Also consider that we in the U.S. are attracted to bright, shiny objects with lots of colored lights. :-)

aliensporebomb

Certainly the guitar will ebb and flow in popularity over time. 

Currently Carvin Guitars and Gibson guitars just got ripped off to the tune of $40,000 each (16 guitars from Carvin via mail fraud, 10 guitars from the Gibson custom shop due to burglary, also to the tune of $40,000).

So I'd say the demand for guitars (however legitimately) is on the increase.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Smash

If I walked in to a bar round here with a trumpet, I wouldn't be walking when I left!

yuri

Balkan  drum  ! No longer available   Balkan Turbo Folk  Bosnia and Herzegovina  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WecXli7UiBo&list=PLGvTnHQAlu9NRnWOfWhMv4CcdnWNNQpnV   rumba  balkan  drum 

Elantric

yuri

Vlatko Stefanovski   , listen this rock guitar  of Macedonia     

Cups

"They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band. It ain't what they call rock n'roll"

yuri

At least we close with this alone  magic sound of (electric guitar)even if people  do not want more .