Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Buy and Sell / Roland VG8 S-1 Expansion Card
« Last post by chrisvariax on Today at 10:56:46 AM »
I am looking to buy a Roland VG8 Expansion Card, please pm me if you have one for sale.
Thanks
I'm going to say it's the jack based on the fact that one of those failed on a GK2 after 20 years of use.

After that time period, the steel spring on the cable connector no longer is able to be held by the plastic spring catch of the jack.

If only someone out there was making better 13 pin Jack's, and maybe Jack's with pigtails so they could replace stock Roland Jack's in the Hardware and for the gk3 internal kit so you don't have to fit a square Jack in a round hole. . ;D

I wonder where we could get those? ;)

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8888.msg63872#msg63872
Yes, just received my new Boss MS-3. It’s really small and the build quality is great.

Now it’s possible to start working on a MIDI bridge for it ;D
...then you got to ask yourself...

"What is actually 'fragile' ?  The DIN plug or the Roland jack ?? "    ;D

...vested interest disclosed..   :-*
I'm going to say it's the jack based on the fact that one of those failed on a GK2 after 20 years of use.

After that time period, the steel spring on the cable connector no longer is able to be held by the plastic spring catch of the jack.

If only someone out there was making better 13 pin Jack's, and maybe Jack's with pigtails so they could replace stock Roland Jack's in the Hardware and for the gk3 internal kit so you don't have to fit a square Jack in a round hole. . ;D
Thanks again Cags!
Anyway there's something that doesn't make much sense regarding the batteries.
The majority of rechargeable AAs are 1.2v, this means that the atg would shut off when they reach their nominal voltage, basically using only 20-30% of their charge!
A bit better if we use 1.5v alkalines but still not optimal cuz the cut-off on these is 0.9v x 4 = 3.6v.

I think I have to search a bit more..
Thanks for the precious info cags12.
But at this point I think I'll stick with the stock 4 AAs, also to avoid other complications (such as finding a suitable battery holder for 18650s).

Another question: where do you usually place midi connectors and the quiccosound inside a strat? I was thinking about making the spring cavity a bit larger to accomodate them, but first I want to check if I can fit them in the jack cavity, there seems to be quite a bit of space in there.

Whenever you find space really and you prefer. You can try something that was once suggested. Having 2 DIN connectors externally accessible so you can use the QuiccoSound or the regular MIDI cable if you managed to find an AT-200B breakout Box. I found some stock in Czech Republic but they do not ship internationally.

In my own installation in my PRS I will have the Quiccosound completely internal as I do not want to route the guitar at all.
I got a new stage lamp from my Dear Wife.
It's vintage 60's and will definitively be on stage beside me and my Marshall stack the next time I perform 
It's so freaking beautiful, I mean it, it's so cool, I'm loving it!!!! 8)

You may need to get a good flightcase for it.
<Scott - just notice that I didn't give you my applauds for this patch.
Here they are.  :)

Very nice assignments with the wave pedal to strings and in the mixer section!
Fantastic patch!
Thanks for the precious info cags12.
But at this point I think I'll stick with the stock 4 AAs, also to avoid other complications (such as finding a suitable battery holder for 18650s).

Another question: where do you usually place midi connectors and the quiccosound inside a strat? I was thinking about making the spring cavity a bit larger to accomodate them, but first I want to check if I can fit them in the jack cavity, there seems to be quite a bit of space in there.
Yes, that's what I supposed too. Hope this conclusion is right, it would be perfect for 2x18650s or any 7.4v battery.
Thanks for chiming in.

Those are the ideal values. But in reality the cut-off is somewhere around 4.8V.

Please bear in mind that having a 7.4V battery will impede the Luthier Kit to notify you when you have low battery. I mean, the light starts blinking when you are below the 5V mark. However, a 7.4V battery will never reach that point before its protection circuit cuts the power off ~6.2V (depends on the BMS of your battery). Unfortunately, you cannot calibrate/configure the luthier kit to know what nominal battery voltage you are operating with.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Blog