GR-55 - Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive patch

Started by jjudge8u, June 25, 2012, 05:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjudge8u

As promised I am uploading patches I work on, hopefully some of you are working on my patch request list.

This is for Wanted Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi.
I added a second synth channel which has some String behind it.  This just helps when playing the song live, it makes it sound much more full.  I have mine programmed so the CTL switch holds the D note out (which I play as a Power chord on the A, D and G strings at 577) on the synth.  Then you can play the 12 string over the held note.
I have also attached the 12 string without the synth so you can switch banks during the versus and chorus

greekjgg

Any issues with delay when switching banks?

I have a Dead or Alive patch I'm working on....my issue has been trying to do the 12 string/synth and the Lead for the solo all in one patch since many complain about the lag.
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

jjudge8u

I personally switch to my POD XT Live when I move to the solo section.  I just have the volume on my XT down the entire time and then I volume up on my XT while killing the GR-55 with my GK switch or volume control (I do not use the guitar out on the GR-55 instead running two cables).
You could always change the 12-string to a nice electric guitar on the GR-55 with a lot of effects to get that nice acoustic sound and then reassign the CTL to on/off the amp section.  If you did this you would probably want to modify the volume pedal to to down disable the synth effects with the guitar always on (but then you would lose the hold function of the synth effects).
I just find it easier to switch to my POD.
I have found that my rig is WAY more flexible when I don't use the guitar out on the GR-55.
If for some reason I cover a song that needs alternate tuning or modeled guitars of some sort, I just create the appropriate amp on the GR....
As far as lag when switching, it's not too bad, as long as it is not instant crossover.
I'll see if I can come up with something a little more along the lines of what you are looking for though.

greekjgg

Essentially that is what I think I'll end up doing...just trying to stick to a budget.

I'm figuring I may need some redundancy anyways as a backup. I'm also wanting a Rocktron Banshee Talkbox too so I'm thinking about getting this little guy.

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=14972

It has the banshee built in and as a first time buyer I get $20 making it $229 which is only like $60 more than a banshee separate. So I'm essentially getting my backup and alternate guitar sounds for $60. Just keep debating!!
Setup:
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

greekjgg

Quote from: jjudge8u on July 06, 2012, 06:41:40 AM
I personally switch to my POD XT Live when I move to the solo section.  I just have the volume on my XT down the entire time and then I volume up on my XT while killing the GR-55 with my GK switch or volume control (I do not use the guitar out on the GR-55 instead running two cables).
You could always change the 12-string to a nice electric guitar on the GR-55 with a lot of effects to get that nice acoustic sound and then reassign the CTL to on/off the amp section.  If you did this you would probably want to modify the volume pedal to to down disable the synth effects with the guitar always on (but then you would lose the hold function of the synth effects).
I just find it easier to switch to my POD.
I have found that my rig is WAY more flexible when I don't use the guitar out on the GR-55.
If for some reason I cover a song that needs alternate tuning or modeled guitars of some sort, I just create the appropriate amp on the GR....
As far as lag when switching, it's not too bad, as long as it is not instant crossover.
I'll see if I can come up with something a little more along the lines of what you are looking for though.

I like the patch...I like how you have the Exp pedal setup to use the synth in/out...I think the 12 string is a little too dirty though but that is a preference that can be tweaked....maybe even turn the vol up some on the strings...you don't really hear them much when strumming chords during the 2nd verse
Setup:
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

functionband

12 string -> ctrl kills chorus, switches model, adds dist, adds o/d
enjoy!
clue's in the name, I don't need studio quality.

jcifuentes

how about posting some mp3 version to hear your creations? good stuff!

functionband

As requested mp3s using this patch. Don't have ASIO drivers on my laptop yes so guessing how it sounded when I recorded thru Audacity by listening to my unprocessed prs24.
clue's in the name, I don't need studio quality.