GR-55- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Started by bryanz, March 29, 2017, 01:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryanz

Hello--Here are my attempts for Lucy in the Sky.  I used the tremolo bar for the vibrato, and hit the control button for the leslie sound on the chorus.  I planned to loop the tanpura sound, letting it layer with the volume pedal.

yellowsub

Thanks for these two patches, really loving the Tanpura drone sound, have you done any other patches for indian drone sounds etc that you can share?  ;)

Autana

Great patches!  thanks.  I played your Lucy patch in synch with the backing track...it get the atmosphere nicely .  Cool Tampura dron also, very film-track like. 
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

TayzGpa

bryanz

Thanks for the responses guys!  I didn't see them until just now.

I've been screwing with tanpura attempts for a while--none usually seem close enough to really get the effect, but I keep trying.

I don't think any of these are great, but here are fairly recent attempts at drone-y or Asian-ish patches.  Most of them involve using the expression pedal.  Some may be just slight variations of presets--I don't have it hooked up at the moment to listen to them.

The VoxPad one I've used for drones live--I like it with the pedal.  The bry5th one I can just screw around forever with--I used it on a 28 minute meditation recording.  The Ctl pedal holds the bass notes.

joe_44850

bryanz