VG-99 - The Blue - David Gilmour

Started by blave, January 29, 2009, 10:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blave

Per a request on the main VG99 forum, here is a patch that I put together for this song from Gilmour's latest solo album, in a zip file.

The GK volume controls A-B balance, with one side being the clean rhythm sound and the other is the lead tone. The left FC-300 pedal controls the 1-octave-up pitch shift.

The lead should be played with the neck pickup selected (I have S1/S2 globally set for pickup selection).

I've learned a couple new chord voicings from this tune, via watching the videos I have of him performing this live. In case you're interested:

The "I" chord is an Emaj7, played open E-Eb-Ab-B-Eb from fat to thin (the little E is not played)

The "IV" is an A6 chord, I think  ;). I don't play the big E string for it, but from the A string it's C#-F#-A-C#-open little E.  All in all, a very unusual way (at least in my experience) to play a I-IV.

The chorus is Cadd9-Bbadd9 (twice) and then F-G-Bm-F-Am7.

Enjoy,

Dave B.
San Jose, CA

shawnb

This is one of my all-time favorite VG-99 patches...   Just thought I'd share.   Oldie but goodie.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

papabuss

Indeed. Great patch.

The solo part starts at 3:20.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)