GR-55 - Marshall + LP

Started by Jim Williams, June 07, 2014, 06:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

Now I know everyone posts Marshall and les Paul patches but the thing that makes this one cool is the control assigns. I use a Rocktron Midimate for patch changes and some other  assigns so I can assign some more controls to my S1 and S2 switches this enables me to use my virtual guitar more like a real guitar.

This is a fairly nice Marshall tone kind of like a JVM od2 amber sound. it might be good foe some AC/DC or Guns and Roses and similar classic rock tunes. I use the second routing option and pan the MFX and MOD blocks hard left and right. This makes for some richer delays and reverbs. I also added some plate reverb to give it some ambiance. I set the string levels of the modeled Les Paul at different levels to give the guitar a more natural tone.

Now on to the magic:
1. the S1 switch controls the pickup volume and pickup selection. set up like you had the neck pickup turned down for a cleaner tone and the volume of the bridge pickup is turned up for a hard rock overdrive.

2. the GK volume is set to be the guitars volume so you can vary the volume of the guitar for some playing dynamics beyond what the S! is doing.

3. the S2 switch is a momentary kill switch to simulate a Les Paul with the neck pickup turned all the way down and you are using the toggle switch to quickly flicker the volume from 0 to 10.

3. the expression pedal is a volume of the guitars input. This simulates a volume pedal as being the first in the chain. You can do volume swells without loosing your reverb or delay tails.

4. When you step on the toe switch you have a Wha pedal.

5. I set the CTL switch to be a solo boost switch.

I hope you enjoy this patch and tweak it to suit your needs. and I hope it gives you some ideas for your future patch creation.
Cheers, Jimmy.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

supernicd

Some brilliant ideas there, Jimmy, that I hadn't thought of before - especially #1 and #3!  Great stuff!
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

Toby Krebs

I will be trying that one for sure as Mr. Williams patches always kick a##!

Thank You!

soulmate

Wise usage of the assignments and coll tone too! Thanks for the contribution!  :) :)