AirTurn Bluetooth Controllers for Android, iPad, PC, and Mac

Started by tekrytor, April 18, 2013, 01:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekrytor

I just bought an AirTurn DIGIT BT-105 Bluetooth Pageturner (hand, foot, mouth, etc controller, $79) and I'm using it to scroll set and song lists, open songs, and to transpose in Chordinator+ and SongBook apps on my Android Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. The functions are a bit different in each app.

In the default BT-105 configuration, page up/down scrolls up/down in Chordinator lists and songs. Right/left buttons transpose the displayed song in steps. The Enter button opens the current song from the set and song lists.

In SongBook, the left/right buttons navigate the previous and next songs and scrolling down at the end of a song advances to the next song. Pretty easy to use.

The DIGIT BT-105 is about half the size of a phone and will easily Velcro to my guitar or mandolin, so I don't have to reach for or even touch my phone or tablet to navigate. It also accepts standard normally open foot or other switches as input, like those from Boss or Behringer, etc. You can attach up to 4 switches.

The BT-105 easily paired with both Nexus 4 and Nexus 7.

AirTurn offers several variants of the BT-105, with and without 2 or 4 pedals, with Boss or their own quiet pedal designs.

I bought the DIGIT BT-105, the smallest available so I can mount it right on my instruments. I can also add switches though, and it even comes with the adapter cables to connect the standard foot switches. The unit has membrane switches that work well, but may be a little hard to switch in a hurry because they are compact, so I may build a small switchbox to make it easier to navigate while playing.

One thing to note is that while the unit is active, it replaces the standard keyboard, so to type, you have to switch keyboards in the settings.

Delivery was free and it arrived in three days. The customer service was very helpful when I checked with them for info about feature differences and Android support between products. They also have a page with special offers on refurbs and closeout units.

Here's a link to the AirTurn site for more info:
HTTP://WWW.airturn.com
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Elantric

Exclusive for VGuitarForums members, until April 30, 2013 receive a 10% discount on Airturn products

Click the attachment below for details