Switching from Output GR55 instantaneously to Marshall JCM2000

Started by thewater47, April 18, 2014, 05:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewater47

I searched for switching in the GR55 library and found topics that cover blending the amount of guitar normal pickup sound with the GK3 pickups by altering parameters in the GR55 patches and so forth, but really what I am trying to accomplish is without the use of the toggle switch on the GK3 pickup, make a hands free instant switch from the full out (100% synth sound in the GR55 and the GR55's output ) directly over to my JCM2000 Marshall overdrive channel by foot. This would mean the GR55's current patch and GR55 output would shut off and the signal from my normal guitar pickup would go directly to my Marshall's input like I am plugged directly in to the front of the amp. For example say I am using the patch "Blade Running". I need to hit a foot switch that simultaneously shuts off the output of the GR55 completely and routes my regular guitars pickup output to the Marshall. I have tried using the "guitar out" jack of the GR55 and the toggle type switch on the GK3 and I get a nasty noise/ground loop hum and switching by hand is cumbersome. Am I missing something obvious? Do I need an amp switcher such as a Lehle Little Duo? I am new and your help is appreciated   

Elantric

I run two cables from my guitar

1/4 normal guitar cables goes to floor fX with volume pedal)  then into my Guitar Amp

13 pin cable goes into GR-55, and GR-55 output goes into a PA

I use the Volume pedal to mute my normal guitar, and use the GR-55 expression pedal to mute the GR-55.
I can also blend both to suit the song.

An  A/B  foot switch that can the select either the (A) Guitar (feeding a Tube Amp)  or (B) GR-55 feeding a PA  - with a single foot switch must be a custom built foot switch.
A few of us here perform such services.

Some are listed here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=127.0

thewater47

datsunrobbie

Elantric

Add this to the mix too

http://www.decibel11.com/Split_Personality_Manual_01.pdf

http://www.decibel11.com/Split-Personality-Amp-Switcher.html

Decibel Eleven Split Personality Amp Switcher

Like crazy second cousins at a family reunion, each amplifier has a unique personality. When running multiple amplifiers you want the best sound quality possible. The new Decibel Eleven Split Personality Amp Switcher delivers the performance you want by eliminating the buzz and hum caused by ground loops. The Class-A, discrete input buffer eliminates losses and loading problems due to splitting. In addition, the Split Personality is the only amp switcher pedal that is directly MIDI controllable and provides easy integration with any midi-controlled set up. Compare price and features with the Radial Twin City or Lehle Little Dual, the DB-11 Split Personality Amp Switcher wins on performance and value. Hands down.

Decibel Eleven Split Personality Features

Classic AB/Y format with additional mute option
Class-A, all discrete, high impedance buffer - eliminates losses due to splitting and allows driving long cable runs without high frequency loss.
Second output is transformer isolated and includes a ground lift switch to eliminate the noise and hum from ground loops
High quality transformer - provides extremely flat frequency response even when driving lower impedance line inputs
Second output includes a phase reversal switch - corrects any polarity mismatch between two amplifiers
Increased headroom - allows for hot signals without clipping
Optional mute function - for muting both outputs
MIDI Control - allows remote access to 128 custom presets using MIDI program changes and/or direct switch control using MIDI continuous controller messages
Power Requirement - 9V - 12VDC input
12VDC power adapter included
Dimensions: Â (W x D x H) 4.8" x 3.75" x 1.58
Weight: 2Ibs
5 Year Warranty