No output on one string - Help!

Started by coldsummer, October 27, 2012, 08:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldsummer

Hi everyone, first post and I'm asking for help, sorry. But by way of a short introduction, I've had a VG99 for several years and recently acquired a GR-55, both incredible units. I have been using my Brian Moore C90P.13 RMC guitar but wanted to try a GK equipped guitar to see if it sounded any better and to prevent any accidental damage to the BM.

Well, I recently bought a used Fender mex Roland ready strat with the built in gk pickup from fleabay. I finally got round to trying it out with my GR55 and found that the low E string has no output. I'm presuming the gk is fritzed but does anyone have any suggestions, or things I could check or try out? Any help/advice gratefully received.

Of course I already left good feedback for the seller :: ::)

papabuss

Hi coldsummer
when I sometimes have the same problem I just disconnect and connect the GK3 cable . Turn the volume GK3 knob to zero before.
If this does not help look here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7005.msg48866#msg48866
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

coldsummer

Thanks Papabuss, I'll give that a try.

coldsummer

Well that seemed to do the trick :)

If only everything was that simple!

Thanks again papabuss.

ishfar

hello friends,

i've just bought the gc-1 and tested with gr-55. everything is ok but on the high e string, there is no voice and no signal. i am so sad, how can i fix the problem? thanks

Elantric

Please post once

i've just bought the gc-1 and tested with gr-55. everything is ok but on the high e string, there is no voice and no signal. i am so sad, how can i fix the problem? thanks
Common problem

Clean the 13pin cable contacts or replace the 13 pin cable

details here:
Roland GK 13 pin Cable Maintenance Tips.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3132.0

If above steps fail -  contact Roland Support for Warranty

ishfar

yes i read this post but i've got another guitar with external gk pickup, it works great and doesn't any problem, i checked the cables but i didn't see anything

ishfar

well i clean the 13pin cable with deoxit and there is nothing changed :'( i will send the guitar to the manufacturer

Elantric