Show your GK Guitar

Started by Virtual Tone, February 22, 2008, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagon1

Quote from: GeePeeAxe on June 08, 2015, 02:21:05 AM
Which guitar is your favorite?
Do you like the Freeway more than the XTSA?

xtSA is my all time loved axe! Very versatile. The RMC pickup (pre 2011 may not be ideal as the current model) The Freeway SA- which came 2 weeks ago from Musician's Friend is having some issues with fret buzz at G string and 1st string slipping off - I'm taking it to a guitar tech get it sorted out. The ebony fingerboard and mahogany neck of the xtSA is a dream to play. The only part of me that hates it is my back! It's bloody heavy - which was one reason I went for the Freeway.
Godin Freeway SA
Yamaha AES 500
Ibanez AS 103NT
Boss GP 10
Tech21 Power Engine 60
Pigtronix Infinity Looper
Alesis SR 16 later model
Fender Mustang Floor
Vox Valvtronix 30W
SDRUM
Zoom G3

kenact

Quote from: Elantric on February 06, 2015, 05:10:14 PM
Correct - I just took delivery of one last week  - when it was on sale at Amazon for $526

You can use it for VG/GR COSM Modeling

But of course the presence of triple physical detuned strings for high E and B make "Guitar to MIDI" or COSM DSP Alt Tuning suffer
the Neck is ironically extremely thin and wide ( over 1.875" wide at the Nut! )

I will probably use it as a 6 string  - for more versatility and better operation with  "Guitar to MIDI", Guitar to PCM,  COSM DSP Alt Tuning with my 13pin processors

Elantric,

Any more feedback on this instrument? Pro's & Con's? I can't find any reviews on the net.

Have you used it with any of the Roland synths, in its 10 string configuration? How does it perform in that arena?

Thanks
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

Elantric

The upper strings on the Godin A10 with their "triple course unison strings" for high E, B are useless for Guitar to MIDI, or Guitar to PCM (tracking error city!), while it does work well with VG-8, VG-88, VG-99, and the COSM Modeling of GR-55, GP-10.

The A10 Neck is extremely thin for me @ 0.75 inch thickness.

I bought the Godin A10 mainly because it was a good deal, and a cheap path to owning a Godin Multiac SA, but in my central cal coast wine country town  - I get more work when I show up as an exotic "Celtic" performer - and the A10 delivers that "vibe" and sounds straight from the 1/4" jack and good RMC electronics

Read more here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4946.msg98380#msg98380

kenact

Thanks Elantric. I may just have to jump in this. :)
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

Litesnsirens

I just got this back from having it painted.  I have to say I'm really pleased with the outcome.  It was a GC-1 3TS I put a warmoth birdseye maple neck on it (nitro finish/SS frets), lace hot gold pickups, graphtech nut and this surf green nitro paint job.  Plays like a dream and now it's personalized in a really fun colour.  I'm going to do my other GC-1 (which has all the same treatments except the warmoth neck is just maple no birdseye) in an orange pearleascent finish.

mbenigni

Quote from: Litesnsirens on June 30, 2015, 11:34:11 AM
I just got this back from having it painted.  I have to say I'm really pleased with the outcome.  It was a GC-1 3TS I put a warmoth birdseye maple neck on it (nitro finish/SS frets), lace hot gold pickups, graphtech nut and this surf green nitro paint job.  Plays like a dream and now it's personalized in a really fun colour.  I'm going to do my other GC-1 (which has all the same treatments except the warmoth neck is just maple no birdseye) in an orange pearleascent finish.

That is beautiful!  Congrats!

Elantric

Good job!

I reminds me of what my Frankenstrat looked like when it was new back in 1998

Litesnsirens

Thanks for the comments,
Love the Frankenstrat!!

JolietJake

Quote from: Litesnsirens on June 30, 2015, 11:34:11 AM

WOW. Lovely colour (UK spelling), the maple neck really suits it.

Atreyu

Here's my tele with gibson-scale neck in birdseye maple. Next step is hopefully Zephyr silver pickups :-)

mbenigni

Quote from: Atreyu on July 16, 2015, 03:41:36 AM
Here's my tele with gibson-scale neck in birdseye maple. Next step is hopefully Zephyr silver pickups :-)

Lovely!

mooncaine

Pasha, I just now noticed this. Cool.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=359.msg93418#msg93418

I'd consider putting a piece of cloth between that IKEA bracket and the bare paint, if you don't already have something in there to keep the metal from scraping your paint.

erokenn

Love my spalted maple Custom 24 and I didn't want to drill holes in it so I installed a GK-3. Then I didn't like the look of the guitar with that on it so I took the plunge and installed the kit  ;D

joo1

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

CodeSmart

Brak(E)man, I assume this nice piece of wood work is done by Fredrik Nevborn Tornkvist?
Looks great!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

CodeSmart

Quote from: joo1 on August 09, 2015, 06:14:28 AM
  :)

Hi Joo1, I Think we picked the same Ibanez, but placed the stuff a little bit differently.
While doing the surgery I also replaced with DiMarzio pickups, kill-pot, and the tone pot is a push-pull to get single-coil sound on the humbuckers.
This is the guitar I use the most. It's really easy to play, and the neck and frets are completely perfect directly from factory (and I'm really grumpy on such things).
I did this (my first) GK guitar wood work surgery in 2012.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

whippinpost91850

joo1

Hi, CodeSmart - BEAUTIFUL Guitar.... greet

jerrycali

This is a new pick guard Kristopher heels made for my Godin SA - he also installed the Kinman pickups in this guitar  - he is currently putting in FISHMAN Fluence pickups and a graphtec loaded bridge with a 13 pin output jack on my white American strat - pictures of that soon . he can be reached at   krhnyc@gmail.com  keep rockin'   Jerry Cali

Elantric

Early 1980's Ibanez Roadstar II guitars have similar build quality as Roland G202 and G505

All were Built on the same assembly line at Fujigen Gakki in Japan for Hoshino (Ibanez)
http://drowninginguitars.com/2013/07/29/fujigen-gakki-factory-tour/

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Roadstar_series

QuoteThe Ibanez Roadstar series, also known as the Roadstar II series, is a series of electric guitars produced by Hoshino Gakki, first introduced in 1983. It is generally a series of various Fender Stratocaster and Superstrat type of guitars and the predecessor of the current RG series.

Ibanez has issued various guitar series based on the Fender Stratocaster since the late 1970s. The first was the Roadster guitars introduced in 1979, followed by the similar but stripped down and more affordable Blazer in 1981. Both had typical Fender features, such as a bolt-on neck, single coil pickups and the double cut curved body shape.

Roadstar Deluxe and Standard seriesEdit
Roadstar models were divided between a Roadstar Deluxe series and Roadstar Standard series. The Deluxe series featured special finishes and better hardware.

rmelancon

Burled buckey.  Just completed it.

hired gun

thermal nuclear spaghetti explosion 

Brak(E)man

Quote from: CodeSmart on August 09, 2015, 01:01:30 PM
Brak(E)man, I assume this nice piece of wood work is done by Fredrik Nevborn Tornkvist?
Looks great!

Yeah it's a custom design with one fretless and one fretted neck and 13 symp strings serial or parallel or solo , double Gk , double Fernandez and a vocal microphone input + a headphone output , 13 pin , normal microphone and symp string out in any combination

The top made from Myrtle

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Yohanes

I don't have old Roland 24-pin synth, just have Boss GP-10 so I modded my Roland G-707 into a 13-pin guitar. From outside, nothing is changed, but the electronic inside the guitar has been modded a bit.
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50