Custom GK Guitar with XY touch pad

Started by Headless68, July 03, 2014, 09:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

I am building in a 'two cherries instruments' XY midi control touch pad into my custom build GK guitar

just wondered if anyone has used onboard XY midi'd into the GR-55 for synth (or effects) parameter control & how you find that working for you

Cheers
Phil

mbenigni

Not onboard, but I sometimes use TouchOSC's XY controls (on iPad) to the same effect.  I assume the Two Cherries part can be programmed to send CC's of your choosing.  These map easily to GR55 assigns and it's smooth sailing from there.  Mapping X and Y to a PCM filter's cutoff and resonance, respectively, is good fun.  Just one of a thousand cool things you'll be able to do with that part.

Headless68

Yes it's programable and also the kit comes with rotary encoder pot which you can use for patch change
For the money ($111 / £75 delivered) seems a bargain too

Headless68

Unlike the Manson I'm planning to mount the touch screen so you can play and manipulate it at the same time :-)

Headless68

Elantric

Very nice!

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Headless68

Can't remember where my other posts on this were but here is the 'final' version which has ended up having GK internal kit - two cherries XY pad linked to an internal Panda audio midi beam transmitter
End of messing about with it - on with playing it now!  :-)

Elantric