VG 99 troubleshooting help

Started by Paresh, April 07, 2017, 08:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paresh

Hi - I need some advice please: I've picked up some random static or clipping. I can't tell which. The chain output levels are fine. I thought it was the cord (& it may be but i don't have a spare to test) & i've sprayed with Deoxit several times but no improvement. In the past it was always the cord or cleared up with Deoxit. Any ideas? Thanks!
paresh

admin

Are your strings grounded to the 13 pin cable?

Use the external GK-3, connect the short 1/4" patch cable between your normal guitar output and GK-3 1/4" input.

If your guitar has a large plastic pickguard , that might also be the source of your static noise too

Learn to Solve it here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=12895.msg78045#msg78045

Paresh

Thanks! I think I may have found it - just a loose cable. If that's not the cause I'll follow yr instructions. Thanks again.
paresh

alexmcginness

I found in the past that the cables can get to the point where no amount of Deoxit can fix it. A spare is always good to have.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.