VG-99 - Issues with VG-99 Editor but working well with Cubase...

Started by Spawn-X, October 18, 2016, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

I see you are running Windows 8.x - please make sure that UAC is turned off (see the users applet in system control panel).

But wait - I hope you are not running Windows 8.x starter edition are you?  That is a problem right there.  The starter editions only allowed operation of one application at a time and were basically barely an operating system.

Another thought - If the machine is one of the new ones with USB 3.0 ports only this is a problem:

You can purchase an older model USB 2.0 hub and plug it into one of your USB3 ports and get USB 2 functionality that the VG-99 needs.

The other thing:  if you do not have the USB driver for this software installed, you're going to experience problems.

Just some thoughts.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Spawn-X

I used my VG-99 on the same laptop, same OS, same hardware configuration since 2013 without any problems.
I don't changed anything before I'm starting experiment this dysfunction... :-[
Sorry for my bad English. I'm just a poor lonesome froguitarist...

So, feel free to correct me if I make a mistake...

Gears: V-Guitar: VG-99+FC-300; GP-10; AX100MKII; Nord Modular G2 Engine.
DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5 + BabyFace + RC-50

Elantric

Hope you find the solution
Report back when you discover the problem

anjaneya

6 years later but I ran into the exact same problem OP is describing. After trying everything in this thread to no avail, I noticed that my USB driver was set to standard instead of advanced for some reason (probably I tampered randomly with system settings). After switching back to advanced everything went back to normal and both midi and control were discoverable by the vg99 editor and daw's. I guess Standard only does audio and not midi.