GR-55- Nice Guitar amp tone.....

Started by Jim Williams, September 02, 2015, 02:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

Here is a nice patch for you to play with and fell free to modify it as you see fit. I made it with the GR-55 players who would like to use their 55's as a stand alone processor live.

I have used the Boss drive hi gain amp model with some tweaks to get some more amp like qualities. I did not set out to model any bran name amps I just want it to sound like a valve amp. The first thing I did was to turn the master up to 80% like you would on a real amp. Then I dialed back the mic volume so things wouldn't get too loud sort of an attenuator I guess. Turn the presence up more than the treble to get a more realistic breakup. Mostly set the amp to my taste and the real magic happens in the EQ. This is where I dial in the right amount of richness and character and get rid of some of that digital sound. If you thing this is the one and only EQ setting you will need... I am sorry but it will be different for the other model, it's a feel thing.

AS for effects it just has a nice rich Plate reverb, solo switch and a Wha. If you use your S1 and S2 switches you can call up some chorus and delay.

Sorry there is no MP3 but it is not intended for you to use as a finished patch but more of a starting ground for you to make some cool patches to share with the forum.

Jimmy.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.