Hello

Started by robertallen, August 27, 2015, 10:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertallen

Hi everyone.  Thank you for letting me join the VGuitar Forums.  I purchased my GR-55 back in 2013, sold it in 2014 (big mistake), reached the age of reason and re-purchased it last month.  I didn't have it very long, so I consider myself still new to it.  (I'm still struggling with a good Acoustic Guitar tone, but I'm sure there's a lot of neat guides on the forums).

I also just purchased an ME-80 as I wanted to have a separate board for effects.  I know it's going opposite the recommended signal chain, but I couldn't help that (as there's no guitar input jack for the GR-55).

I'm excited to be back into using Roland guitar products.  I'm not selling it ever again!

Anyways, I look forward to being a part of the forums here.  Happy playing, everyone!
Robert

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group robertallen!  :)

gumbo

Welcome to the Dark Side  ...    8)

"I also just purchased an ME-80 as I wanted to have a separate board for effects.  I know it's going opposite the recommended signal chain, but I couldn't help that (as there's no guitar input jack for the GR-55)."

...read about all the wonderful stealth options from "codesmart's" postings...    ;)

Cheers from Oz!

Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Jim Williams

Welcome to the group. with the acoustics understanding how your EQ works is key. It is all in the EQ for everything and it can be your best friend when you are looking for that right tone. The ME 80 is nice but I sure love my GP-10.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

robertallen

Yeah, I realized I didn't like the ME-80 and just stick with my GR-55.  Found the only effect I really use is Delay, anyways.  Ah well, you live you learn.

I'm still struggling with my Acoustic patch.  Does anyone have a good patch recommendation?  I know it's cheating, but I've been battling with this for some time.
Robert

robertallen

Well you can tell I'm new.  Right after I asked that question I find an entire Acoustic patch section in the forums.  Sorry about that, everyone.  Thank you for the warm welcome to the forums, by the way :)
Robert