VG-99 - Pedal Steel patches with mp3 demo

Started by Brent Flash, April 23, 2008, 12:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

The pedal steel patches were the first patches I created with the VG-99 and I am just now getting around to making a demo. The first part of the demo is the FlashPedalSteel patch and the last part of the demo is the version one octave up FlashPdlStl8va. I am including the patches again here because they have been updated since Steve added them here.

Mp3 demo and patches below.

foolevil

WROOM!

maverickn

Brent Flash

Quote from: maverickn on September 13, 2008, 09:55:28 PM
Excellent patch - thanks!!
Welcome to the group maverickn! I hope you find a lot of useable patches here. We have members contributing patches for a wide range of interests.

And thanks for the comment! ;D

big_jan

Big smiley flash for Brent! Learning to play "Teach Your Children" now. Thanks !

dpcoffin

Wow; that's great! Another Holy Grail on the shelf... Many thanks!

big_jan

yes indeed. a great patch to get out of the way when playing with a number of guitarist. its in open E tuning so i am learning to play the minor keys out of it. so much fun to be able to add the country feel to a lot of songs in a band scenario!

frethead

new here, what a great place, love that steel guitar patch, very real, but I don't understand yet how the patch downloading works, just the part about downloading from this page would be a great help, thanx in advance..........dave

Brent Flash

Quote from: frethead on February 11, 2009, 09:13:21 AM
new here, what a great place, love that steel guitar patch, very real, but I don't understand yet how the patch downloading works, just the part about downloading from this page would be a great help, thanx in advance..........dave
Welcome to the group frethead!  :)

You have to be signed in to see the file at the bottom of the post. Then when you click on it it should download to your computer. This is when you use the VG-99 EDITOR to IMPORT SMF. That should bring it into your VG if you have it connected and all is operating as it should.

If you run into problems just give us a shout.

frethead

thanx Brent, will give that a try...............dave

Rojoyinc

Any controls needed to use this properly?

Also - anyone got some tabs for Teach your Children.  I have a custom tuning for 4+20 already and finding it works with other CTNY songs as well.
I have lots of GP5 tabs, but not that one for some reason.
Ron, GR, MI
Strats (John Mayer & AmDlx Ash) Fretlight
Gibson LP cust
Tayor T5 Koa, Solidbody walnut custom
Alesis DM5, MM6 synth
Line6 UX8, Mesa LonestarSP, Fender Acoustasonic
MicroCube, Fender Champ 600, BR-600, DP-02CF PortaStudio
HarmonyMan, VocalistLive4, CuBase, SECURITY SYSTEM ;-)

chipstar

Dude,
There are 6+ versions at ultimate-guitar.com. Enjoy.

later,
Chipstar

Big Jim

Hey Brent, thanks for the patch. I never looked up the tuning or anything but it works great for me.
The song is in D but I am playing the C Major scale and it just flows.
I am basically just playing the C F & G chords with variations.
Thanks again

Brent Flash

Quote from: Big Jim on December 15, 2012, 09:27:00 PM
Hey Brent, thanks for the patch. I never looked up the tuning or anything but it works great for me.
The song is in D but I am playing the C Major scale and it just flows.
I am basically just playing the C F & G chords with variations.
Thanks again
You are very welcome! It would not be hard to set up in just about any tuning, seems like someone had requested some other variation but its been so long ago I don't remember if I did them or not. Keep posting those clips its good to put a face on the the names here.

fuzzfactory

i am working on a new song and needed a pedal steel patch...low and behold the grand master flash has hooked it up for us all....THANKS MAN!

Brent Flash

Quote from: fuzzfactory on April 06, 2013, 06:19:06 PM
i am working on a new song and needed a pedal steel patch...low and behold the grand master flash has hooked it up for us all....THANKS MAN!
:)

aliensporebomb

How did I miss this one?  Really great!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Smash

Can't get me head round the scale and bends but it sounds spot on!  ;D

papabuss

Just going through some earlier posted patches.
That's "Hawaiian Pur", Brent. :D
THX. :)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

mrmobus2014

Fantastic sounding patches.  Excellent work and playing.  Downloaded

Etolle

Hi, How do I get this patch to work with an EV-5 pedal?

Etolle