VG-99 - Patches wont load (VG-99/Windows)

Started by obiwanjacobi, June 20, 2013, 10:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obiwanjacobi

Hi

I have a VG-99 with the Windows Editor software and that generally works great.
I just now tried to load in one of the patches (.mid) found here on this site but that did not work. It does not say anything (no errors) but no changes are made.

I have tried the following (the VG-99 was connected over USB at all times):
- Unblock (Windows File Properties) the downloaded zip or file and extracted all files from an unblocked zip/rar.
- Selected a patch from the User bank instead of the Preset bank to overwrite.
- Saved a .mid Patch locally and loaded that back in on another spot. THAT WORKED!?
- Tried to import the patch after restarting the editor. I thought that maybe it's notion of a file (.g9e) might get in the way especially when it thinks it needs saving...

Either you guys all have Macs or I am missing something (simple I hope)...

Thanx,
Marc
Grtx, Marc

Elantric

Use "Import SMF" on the VG-99 Editor to load *.mid VG-99 Patch files

Read all details here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64.msg41191#msg41191

obiwanjacobi

Grtx, Marc

Elantric

Try a different browser - (Chrome, Firefox)  - Ive heard of big problems when you use MS Internet Explorer or "Bing Desktop"

They can clobber *.mid files.

Also try Downloading the big VG-99 Patch * .ZIP file and unzip into a local folder on your hard drive
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=4

obiwanjacobi

I'm using Chrome...

Download the file and unblocked it.
Unpacked it in a sub folder of My Documents.
Opened a Dream Theater patch from the Prog Rock folder.
Same problem (VG-99 is connected).
Grtx, Marc

Elantric

Try Opera

QuoteDownload the file and unblocked it..

"unblocked it " ??????

Sounds like a result of very tight AntiVirus setting?

What OS are you running?

Brent Flash

Device ID has to be set to 1, if it is set to anything else your VG will ignore the patches from this site. Just a shot in the dark but the last person that had this problem had his set to another ID #. There is no need to set the device ID to anything but 1 unless you have more than one VG and want to send SYSEX messages to one and not the other. Just check it to make sure it is on 1.

obiwanjacobi

Quote from: Brent Flash on June 20, 2013, 11:15:36 AM
Device ID has to be set to 1, if it is set to anything else your VG will ignore the patches from this site. Just a shot in the dark but the last person that had this problem had his set to another ID #. There is no need to set the device ID to anything but 1 unless you have more than one VG and want to send SYSEX messages to one and not the other. Just check it to make sure it is on 1.

Yep that did it. Thanx!

Remember (for those that read this later) that you have to set it on the unit (can not be done from the editor) - in System / Midi and then also in the Midi Devices setup (Setup menu option) of the editor. These two values must both be 1!
Grtx, Marc