Axon ax100 mk ii sound card upgrade.

Started by musicamex, July 24, 2015, 03:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicamex

Hi from the tropics. 

Has anyone put the old bluechip ax 100 yamaha sound card in an ax 100 mk ii?

Ilet an old bluechip unit sit and when i went to change the battery it had leaked an a couple of the smt components (a cap and resistor ) had come loose.  The copper foil under the battery is no bueno now too.  I have a couple extra mk ii units and would like to repair the bluchip or better, put the yammi card in the mk ii. 

Or, does anyone have a bluechip schematic?  I am not a smt guy so also, does anyone work on one of these blue chip units?

Am i alone in thinking that now,beyond the space age, it is amazing that if a battery is going to leak that the leak could be contained, but somehow countless items are victims to this shortfall in engineering......????

Thanks amigos, russ

musicamex

Bump.  Does anyone at all have an idea if i can save my bluechip axon or at least use the yamaha soundcard?  Elantric?  Is this a once in a blue moon time you don't have a solution?

Elantric

musicamex

Thanks Elantric,  I'll try that,  hate to waste that old bluechip unit.

Now_And_Then

I seem to recall that the guy who designed the Fishman Triple Play is the same guy who designed the Axons. In fact I am almost certain. I should know his name but I just can't remember it right now. (Elantric would probably know, though.)

You could perhaps email him or email Fishman and see if they will forward an email to him, or if there is a Fishman Triple Play forum you could go there and ask how to get in touch with him. I would expect that he could answer your questions pretty easily.