How do I enable modeling through the 13 pin globally

Started by Rorster, February 09, 2016, 06:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorster

I don't use the quarter inch jack on the GK-3. Rather I use my guitars 1/4" jack to another processor. With the 13 pin plugged in to GP-10 I have to enable modeling on every patch in order to hear anything. Isn't there a way to enable this globally for all patches?

Redvers

Can't you just set the 3 way switch to Modelling? If modelling isn't on in a patch just switch it on and save it. Takes two seconds with the buttons.

Rorster

Thanks. I have had to go through all the patches and using the tone studio editor enable modeling and saving. I would have thought that once the system detects the 13 pin and the wort is set to GK it would enable the modeling side of things to be on. Thanks again.

Redvers

I've had issues with the gk switch and boss tone studio doing weird things in the past. It can make sweeping changes across patches. All my cab Sims switched off once.

Also bear in mind that a lot of these patches were designed to have regular and modelling sounds together and might not sound good separately.

gumtown

Quote from: Redvers on February 09, 2016, 08:08:03 AM
I've had issues with the gk switch and boss tone studio doing weird things in the past. It can make sweeping changes across patches. All my cab Sims switched off once.

Also bear in mind that a lot of these patches were designed to have regular and modelling sounds together and might not sound good separately.
I would doubt the tone studio editor would over write all of you GP-10 user patches cab sim switching all at once.
The cab sims are automatically disabled if the output select is not set to 'line/phones'.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Kevin M

By modeling, do you mean guitar/synth modeling?  Not all the patches model guitars and/or synths; some model amps and are intended to be used with 1/4" input rather than GK.

Redvers

Quote from: gumtown on February 09, 2016, 11:16:20 AM
I would doubt the tone studio editor would over write all of you GP-10 user patches cab sim switching all at once.
The cab sims are automatically disabled if the output select is not set to 'line/phones'.

All I remember is I got to a gig one night after an editing session and all the direct levels were at full and the cab mod levels were minimum. No idea why, I wouldn't have done it and there was nothing in the headphone out. .

I've also had cases of modelling and norm being off/on when it shouldn't. I have a feeling boss tone studio saves some things to your patches that it shouldn't sometimes.