GR-55 - Template 1 Patch

Started by Jim Williams, March 30, 2014, 10:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

Now I set up my GR-55 strait into the stereo power amp inputs and turn off the cab sims so if you download this patch you might want to turn them back on an adjust the EQ a bit.

The next part of my setup is a Rocktron Midimate midi controller. This is a small but very powerful foot controller that will add 5 switches and an expression pedal to the GR-55. I also use it for patch changes ( and on a side not: the patch change delay seems less noticeable to me).

I plug into a Filter Buffer that lets me plug in my normal guitars and has a effects loop for some pedals to be placed in front of the Amp/Mod path. Also it helps with the cross talk with my piezo guitars.

the patch itself has all the assigns  an sound sources in use. S1 switches the acoustic and PCM sound form the high Gain electric guitar(Normal pickups). S2 switch is the 12 string switch for the acoustic. The GK volume controls the acoustic guitar volume and the GR-55 Expression pedal is the PCM 1&2 volume. The expression pedal of the MidiMate controls the Patch Volume and when you step on the expression switch it turns on the wha Pedal. CC#7 is the delay switch and CC#8 is the amp sol switch. there are 3 assigns to channel switch the hi gain amp to a clean one(gain switch, gain and amp volume) mapped to one tap of the control pedal. The chorus also turns on when the amp is set to the clean channel. Sorry If I forgot anything but this set up defiantly makes the GR-55 useful in a live show.

Going back to the hole turning off the Speaker simulation with a little EQ magic the preamps sound more real when they come through real speakers.

enough babbling here is the patch!

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

rmelancon

Which filter buffer are you using?

Elantric

QuoteWhich filter buffer are you using?

I recall Jim is using the one from Wayne Joness
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9692.0