FTP - Any of you using the triple play as a vst?

Started by fr0sty, April 26, 2013, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fr0sty

I am trying to get the triple play software working as a fst in my daw (fl studio).  I don't see it listed anywhere.  Far as I can tell, there is no triple play vst installed on my pc.  I re-installed the triple play software, but there was no where to specify a vst folder.

I assume I'm missing something obvious.

shawnb

Yes, works fine!

You need to tell your DAW to look in the TriplePlay folder for a new VST.  Add the folder to its list of folders to scan.

That & some other stuff covered here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8362.0
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

fr0sty

Thanks, I ended up finding the vst in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugIns  I don't recall sepcifying that location when I installed the ftp software.  Do you know if that directory gets set when installing one of the other software program?

I needed to copy them into my central vst folder, since fl studio only allows for one vst dir.

Zymos

That's the default path for VST plugins, that probably no one except a few Cubase users even use, ever. I'm pretty sure there's a registry setting to change the default path, but I don't know if I've ever seen an installer that didn't let you specify a path.