VG-88 - Help with VG-88/Gr-55 & Roland GC-1 Guitar

Started by Acoustanut, December 14, 2012, 04:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acoustanut

Are the S1-S2 buttons on the Roland GC-1 Strat supposed to be able to "fly" through the patches of the VG-88 and the GR-55  like my GK-3 did on my GR-33???  My GC-1 only moves one patch at a time on the 55 and will NOT change patches at all on the used VG-88 I just received in the mail.
Any ideas?????  Thanks.

Acoustanut

OK I did figure out how make the buttons work on the 88 but I still love the way you can fly through the patches at 90mph on the GR-33

Elantric

The S1, S2 functionality is determined by the "host" 13 pin processor.

The GR-33 was unique, and neither the GR-55 nor the VG-88 respond the same manner 

Acoustanut

Thanks for the info.  I keep going back to the GR-33.  It's awesome in its simplicity.  And I love the harmonist feature.  I can play both leads to Ventura Highway at the same time.  I'm still lost when it come to the GR-55.  I also enjoyed reading about your  musical journey and I love the name "The Dentures".  The perfect name for an aging surf band.

Acoustanut

I've had my VG-88 for a few days now.  It reminds me of my GR-33 in its easy of use.  Additionally, both of them are a lot easier to use than the GR-55. I'm thinkin' that my 55 is headed for e-bay really soon.