FTP and breath controller can it be done?

Started by mr. mulcahy, March 09, 2017, 09:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr. mulcahy

I'm looking at maybe picking up one of these TEC breath controllers

http://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-midi-breath-controller

I was wondering, if I was using both to record a track in a DAW and with them both being USB devices would I be able to route them to the same track to control say a synth VSTi plugin at the same time? TIA

BBach

If you can set your DAW channel to receive more than one input controller, you should be able to accomplish this. Or, set two channels to the same midi destination, one receiving from the triple play and the other from the breath controller. The DAW should merge both midi sources.

mr. mulcahy

Quote from: BBach on March 09, 2017, 09:27:36 AM
If you can set your DAW channel to receive more than one input controller, you should be able to accomplish this. Or, set two channels to the same midi destination, one receiving from the triple play and the other from the breath controller. The DAW should merge both midi sources.

Thanks! I also looked into a midi merge as suggested in your first reply. I was seeing if there was a VST type plugin, didn't come across one.

I did look into the same channel option. You can setup some DAW's to receive on all midi channels and use two controllers like you said but I'm not sure a breath controller would take over those velocity functions from the FTP unless you could disable them in the FTP?

But as luck would have it I was digging deeper into the FTP software app (newbie) and found an option under preferences that allows you to pick a device as a "foot controller". I think the TEC might be available as an option there if it was installed and running? I'll report back with my findings when the TEC shows up. Thanks again!

admin

QuoteBut as luck would have it I was digging deeper into the FTP software app (newbie) and found an option under preferences that allows you to pick a device as a "foot controller". I think the TEC might be available as an option there if it was installed and running? I'll report back with my findings when the TEC shows up. Thanks again!

Thats the path I would pursue.

whippinpost91850

Cool! I wiould be interested in your findings as well

gumbo

..I'm waiting for the breakthrough when you cross-pollinate the Alcohol Test Ignition Lock with the FTP..   ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

justgotfired

But as luck would have it I was digging deeper into the FTP software app (newbie) and found an option under preferences that allows you to pick a device as a "foot controller". I think the TEC might be available as an option there if it was installed and running? I'll report back with my findings when the TEC shows up. Thanks again!
[/quote]

Did you ever get this working? I have tec control but just wanna run it thru ftp - forget daw

MPDmike

I have a Tec Control BBC2, but as far as I am aware this will only work using the computer application it comes with. But yes, this will work within a DAW, using FTP. This breath controller is particularly good when used with virtual instruments, such as those sold by Sample Modelling:

https://www.samplemodeling.com/en/index.php

There are numerous videos online of people using breath controllers, although mainly with MIDI keyboards.

I want to find a breath controller to use with FTP and hardware synths, and at the moment I am hoping to use a BC with a Ketron Audya 4.