VG-99 - Original VG99 presets??

Started by creart, March 08, 2015, 12:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creart

Hi
I am currently trying to convert (where possible) VG99 patches to GR55 (by using both editors and adjust settings)...
I was wondering if the original VG99 factory presets where available somewhere as well?
If not, could someone maybe save them at some point so I could have a go with them?
Would be much appreciated :-)

cheers
Hans

Headless68

I think the presets 201 to 399 are just repeated on the user 001 to 200 patches by default so you should have them in the last 200 patches on your VG-99

creart

Hi Headless68,

point is - I don't have a VG99 - just a GR55, so I would like to have mid files of the presets so I can rebuild them on my GR :-)
Sorry for not putting that more clearly...

cheers
Hans

Elantric

creart

Elantric I know how I can do it but I need the original VG99 presets, which I don't have, to do that...
so...
Can anyone help me to mid files for the original VG99 presets so I can rebuild them on my GR55

Hans

papabuss

Hans, I just looked at all the functions in the VG Editor and the Librairian but I didn't find a way to save or load ALL the FACTORY/ PRESET data with ONE function. Only the (200) USER data can be saved in "one path".

P.S. And I still haven' t found what I'm/we're looking for in the INT....  ;)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Headless68

creart

Hey Papabus and Headless68 - thanks for checking it out....
silly that that isn't possible and I wouldn't want anyone to go through the hassle of exporting all single mid files... it was worth a shot though....
Maybe someone has made a backup ??? If so.. please share :-)
Guys - again - thanks for checking!!!

cheers
Hans

Headless68

For what it's worth Hans it would be hard to replicate a large number of them where there are two parallel guitar chains as the 55 only has one cosm guitar available at a time (where the 99 has two )

creart

Yes I know that Headless, but on the other hand it would be an interesting test to see what either sound would be like on the GR55....
Well in the meantime I am working on conversion of VG99 sounds from the patch exchange here that ARE available, but I was hoping to find Roland original patches in the hope they might be good too...

cheers
Hans

Smash

The bulk of VG99 presets are less than great tbh

creart

Ok Smash... so I don't miss a thing? :)
Better go with the user built patches then?

cheers
Hans

Headless68

The user VG-99 patches on the forum are the best ones (by a long shot)

creart

...ok... so how much were you paid to say that....!!!
just kidding :-)

Are there any in particular by the way that really jump, or should I just try all of'm?

I will go through them... and once I have a decent bank converted GR55 sounds, I will put them up here as well...
Thanks guys :-)

cheers
Hans

Elantric

Here is a three page list of VG-99 patches available here

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2052.msg92086#msg92086

Download a VG-99 Patch  Description PDF and RAR archive files  here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2052.0

Headless68

Im still working through them but the ones which grabbed me so far are (all of) Aliensporebomb's - EthereaClean is frankly worth buying a VG-99 for alone. Papa's Brian May patches are cool, Gundy Keller's patches have some gems (Jetstream & paulasurprise in particular), Brents 6 string bass is great (very massive attack), there are too many to mention - have a look through :-)

aliensporebomb

There's a number of patches I've yet to submit.  Stay tuned.  As usual I've been fine tuning. 

A lot of the problem with seemingly lackluster aftermarket patches is that it depends on what pickup is involved (GK?  Piezo), how close the pickup was to the strings of the original instrument that was involved with the patch programming and what GK Sens setting is involved and the way you are playing the patch.  Sometimes you have to think of what piece would work best with a patch too. 

Glad you like EthereaClean.  It was fun to program.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.