Godin Session Custom Tripleplay

Started by Triple Pete, July 21, 2014, 01:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Pete

Hi all,

I picked up my Godin on Friday and I'm seriously impressed with the hardware and what it does...the software installation is another matter though. Shambles is a word that comes to mind. I've had a nightmare with it and I've spent quite a lot of time trying to get it to function correctly. I'm still unable to play the default patches from the Tripleplay screen, they just are not there. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and wondered if could be the source of my woes. I'm about to uninstall everything and start from scratch. I don't regard my self as a dunce when it comes to these things but come on Fishman, this is a seriously un user friendly software package after a 10gb download. If there are still issues with the 64 bit os they need to address it asap.

I really got the Tripleplay to use with Reaper and my soft synths Omnisphere and Trilian and have managed to do this ok (check out the short demo below). I can see the potential for me as someone that records more these days as huge, especially as my keyboard playing is not the best. I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with Tripleplay once my software woes are sorted.

Great forum with a wealth of useful information.

Cheers,

Pete.

thebrushwithin

Hey Pete, I did enjoy your music. Installation has been a pain for many, including me. I am sure if you search the topic of FTP, in this forum, there might be some help for this. After you get it working properly, I would love to hear your impression of your new Godin. Have fun!

Triple Pete

^^^

Hi Brush  :).

Glad you enjoyed the short demo. I hope to do a longer version with video for Youtube once I've got my head around things a bit more.

I'll persevere with the software and pick up what I can from the forum and will also post again later with more impressions once I've had more time with the beast. Except for the software and installation woes it's looking good though.  8)