Don't know how to define this problem

Started by Robin Oakapple, July 09, 2014, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Oakapple

Up til now have been running my TriplePlay without problems on my modern, fast W7 PC. It has an external audio interface (Steinberg (Yamaha)UR22). The correct options are set up in 'preferences', and the test tone plays through the speakers, and the audition for each sound works fine too. But despite my playing registering on the TP screen, notes appearing on the screen fretboard, no sounds are produced. Any suggestions as to the cause?

Elantric

FTP relies on sounds from NI Reaktor and IK Samplitude
Be sure all your N.I, and I.K Multimedia Sound libraries are referenced properly.

Contact Fishman for more details

fusionman

Robin:

I think Elantic says the correct solution, but if not: you  can reinstall the drivers and change the usb cable maybe.... 

what about the latency of the Steinberg with the pc? It's good with vsti's?

Thanks

Robin Oakapple

I'm afraid I don't know what 'referenced' means in this context. But the sounds certainly used to work fine, and the audition button works, so that suggests that the Fishman software and the NI and IK sounds are working together ok. I get the impression that the problem is within the Fishman software, but will continue experimenting. I'm reluctant to re-install the software until I've exhausted every other possibility (which I may already have done :)) because it did take rather a long time to get it on there in the first place.

shawnb

I almost hate to ask the really obvious, but...  Since it worked before... 

Is your Guitar/Mix/Synth switch in the proper position?   & FTP Volume up?   & No sliders/tracks muted in the FTP app?

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Elantric

QuoteI'm afraid I don't know what 'referenced' means in this context.

It means that often the location on your hard drive where NI  and IK Tone Libraries are located can get lost, and you need to reset these locations in a menu in NI Reaktor and IK Samplitude.   

Details here:
TriplePlay - PART 1: INSTRUMENT NOT FOUND - Sampletank
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9893.0

Robin Oakapple

Quote from: shawnb on July 09, 2014, 12:44:06 PM
I almost hate to ask the really obvious, but...  Since it worked before... 

Is your Guitar/Mix/Synth switch in the proper position?   & FTP Volume up?   & No sliders/tracks muted in the FTP app?

That's the one that did it, thanks.  I can only think that I caught the control knob with my sleeve while putting the guitar back on its stand, as I never need to touch the controls (bar the on/off switch)  otherwise.

Funny that the position on the FTP volume isn't shown in the app, perhaps they will get around to that eventually