VG-99 Advanced Mode and Mac OS10.13.5 not connecting

Started by rzzz, June 30, 2018, 10:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rzzz

Does anyone have a solution to this apparent VG-99 software problem, please?

With the latest Driver (VG99_USBDriver1013 for Mac OS10.13) from Roland installed (I followed their recommended procedure exactly) I can't get my 2017 i7 iMac to see the USB connected VG-99 in Advanced Mode, so no MIDI or Audio and I can't use the VG-99 software Editor. Standard Mode, as just an Audio Interface, works fine. The iMac is running Mac OS10.13.5 - is that the problem?

If anyone has any ideas or solutions I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks

Rzzz

admin

Quote from: rzzz on June 30, 2018, 10:38:58 PM
Does anyone have a solution to this apparent VG-99 software problem, please?

With the latest Driver (VG99_USBDriver1013 for Mac OS10.13) from Roland installed (I followed their recommended procedure exactly) I can't get my 2017 i7 iMac to see the USB connected VG-99 in Advanced Mode, so no MIDI or Audio and I can't use the VG-99 software Editor. Standard Mode, as just an Audio Interface, works fine. The iMac is running Mac OS10.13.5 - is that the problem?

If anyone has any ideas or solutions I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks

Rzzz

must follow
https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_product/vg-99/updates_drivers/787b6981-815c-487d-945c-a3af91b367c4/
QuoteIf the message "System Extension Blocked" appears
When connecting the device for the first time after driver installation, the message "System Extension Blocked" might be displayed.
If this happens, click [OK], and then unblock by the "Check the security settings to see if the loading of the driver is blocked." procedure.
In "System Preferences," click "Security & Privacy."
Open the General tab and check if any message indicating the loading of the system software being blocked is displayed.
* If it is not displayed, restart the computer, connect the unit to the computer, and then check the display again.
If displayed, confirm that the publisher is "Roland Corporation" and click "Allow".
* If the loading of system software of multiple publishers is blocked, click "Allow" to display a list of developers. Select "Roland Corporation" and then click [OK].
If asked to restart, click [Restart] to restart the computer.

Then  ALL the instructions in the "README.HTM" in the Roland VG-99 USB driver *.tgz file

essentially you must temporarily disable security features in macOS 10.13 prior to installing the VG-99 USB Driver

read the  "README.HTM" in the Roland VG-99 USB driver *.tgz file

and read

MACOS HIGH SIERRA (MACOS 10.13) DRIVER INSTALLATION AND TROUBLESHOOTING
https://www.roland.com/global/support/support_news/1804131013/

("plug & play" days are over)