GR-55 - Gig bag recommendation for GR-55?

Started by Bill Ruppert, October 07, 2011, 05:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt8gtrman

The GR 55 fits nicely into a laptop size briefcase. I had a spare aluminum briefcase laying around and found that it fits like a glove. You can pick on up at Harbor Freight for about $25-$30. I protects the 55 far better than a soft-side gig bag.

JMercy

...what is a "must have" list of stuff you take to a gig when using a GR unit...

hmm,
- two guitars with GK-3
- if problems with GR-55, I'm ready to play everything without it (so I do not count everything for GR-55)
- 2 13 pin cabels
- 2 adapters (power)
- 2 midi cabels (between amp and GR-55)
PRS Prism '14
Schecter Mercury Strat '85, Red
Fender Strat Mark Knopfler Signature '03, Dakota Red
Esp Ltd MH-400 '07
MesaBoogie Mark IIB
Marshall JVM 410H + 4x12 Classic
GR-55
Strymon effects: Lex, Flint, El Capistan

MKB

I use the Mobil It laptop case I bought at Office Depot for my 17" HP laptop to carry the GR-55, it fit perfectly.  The outside zipper pockets were perfect for the power supply and other accessories.

Toby Krebs

Targus laptop bag from Target. Holds it securely and you can put power  supplies etc... in it. If I travel to work in Yosemite or farther as I often do I use a hard tool case from Harbor Freight with some foam that is included.

Deacon Blue

I found a sturdy aluminum case at Harbor Freight for around 25 bucks (on sale). It's got the foam interior which you modify. Fits nice and tight just like other things ought to be. ;D Somebody at this site recommended it. Great case!. I bring my 5 yr old GR-20 (with 13 pin lead) with me along with the GR-55 just in case. I've screwed my p/u in place after the double-sided tape wasn't doing the job.
"When your project isn't working, look for the part that you didn't think was important"
www.Bandmix.com/katylyst

utensil

The 18inch laptop cases by case logic  work really well and can also fit one additional pedal which I use for an Rc-2 looper since the GrR-55 can't stop playback and remember loops ( I can't believe they left out something so essential and seemingly easy to include relative to the things the GR-55 can already do).

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-VNCi-118-18-Inch-Backpack/dp/B001UEC4KE/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353065582&sr=1-22&keywords=case+logic+18+inch+laptop

used some velcro and it keeps everything in place and you just have to unzip it and its ready to play without removing.

fuzzfactory

Elantric you ROCK and thank you sir.......
as far as bag goes i use my old m-audio bag but they don't make them anymore
so i guess that doesn't help

wilkinsi

I need something to transport my GR-55 soon. The box is too awkward n bulky. I'd prefer a gigbag, still tough enough to avoid injury to myself or the unit. I don't believe Roland make one. Any suggestions?

bbob

HoosierMan

I added some updated photos of my GR-55 gigging case to the "Here's my hard shell case for the GR-55" thread linked above.

Baday12345

look for a cheap laptop computer shoulder bag 10x17x4.  i found one at biglots for $15.  works great.
im sure walmart, target might also have a few as well.

flyin brian

I attached my GR-55 to a Pedal Train Jr. board that I had and use the soft case that came with the PT Jr. Cables fit in the pouch of the bag and spares fit under the board inside the case.

wilkinsi

My local shop has ordered a Gator gigbag, which also fits the Boss GT MFX.

zigzagbass

I purchased a custom made flight briefcase from Calzone/Anvil. Total cost was about 220 and is perfect!
Beats using a duffle bag!

lespauled

ecca

Mine's in an aluminium case similar to the above but $220 ? Ridiculous.
Mine was about £10 and you cut the foam to suit.
Camera shops have them for starters.

groovey1

I also use one of the cheapo hard cases that I got for 30 bucks at Canadian Tire. It suits my purposes just fine. But I have to point out there's a world of difference between an actual Anvil flight case and it. The $30 case is made to look like it's tough, but you wouldn't want to put it to the test!

drjoness2001

If you are looking for a gig bag, try the BOSS-BAG-L2.

I think I paid $50 from Sweetwater Sound.

I added some foam on the sides.

Baday12345

softcase is the way to go (imo)
im tellin ya.   check for a cheap laptop bag (target/walmart,biglots)  got mine for $15. 

lespauled

I went the harbor freight way, and wow, I couldn't be happier.  Took about 3 minutes to reconfigure the foam as per the instructions above.  Thanks for the instructions.

sloopdawg

I love mine, although somewhat larger than what you were looking for...

whippinpost91850

Sloopdog, It looks good. What kind is it and where did you find it ?

sloopdawg

Mike_gr55

Can you put your GR-55 Next to the bag and in the bag and upload some picks for me to see?
I would really appreciate it!

Quote from:  abletonuser on March 21, 2012, 11:34:21 PM
Targus makes a laptop bag that's a perfect fit for the GR-55.  I bought mine from Best Buy for $40

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-CityGear-Messenger-Notebooks-TCG200/dp/B00024ENHK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332397807&sr=8-2

Jetplane

I am looking for any suggestions for a carrying case/gig bag for my GR-55. I bought a pretty nice Solo soft case from Wally world (about $30) but only used it about 5 times before the main zipper crapped out on me. It has several accessory pockets but no padding. I am looking for something with padding and a couple pockets for cables. What do you guys use?