GP-10 2.0 update?

Started by Peter the GR-eat..., November 12, 2017, 05:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter the GR-eat...

The Katana got an update and yes they have probably sold billion times more then GP-10.
But now the DD-500 got an update. And its been out a couple of yeas.

So is there any hope for an uptake for the GP-10?

My wish list is:

1 ore hopefully 2 more FX blocks.
Or the ability to change the wha, eq, chorus, delay. and reverb to any of the FX

New and better chorus and reverb!  :)

And make the EQ graphic in tone studio!

And stereo suport för more of the effects and or an update on tone studio  making it routing more comprehending flexible. Right now I'm guessing most of the time if the stereo out from the prior effect is summed to mono or not?  ??? 

ALOfYRSnfWhres

Quote from: Peter the GR-eat... on November 12, 2017, 05:07:04 AM
The Katana got an update and yes they have probably sold billion times more then GP-10.
But now the DD-500 got an update. And its been out a couple of yeas.

So is there any hope for an uptake for the GP-10?

My wish list is:

1 ore hopefully 2 more FX blocks.
Or the ability to change the wha, eq, chorus, delay. and reverb to any of the FX

New and better chorus and reverb!  :)

And make the EQ graphic in tone studio!

And stereo suport för more of the effects and or an update on tone studio  making it routing more comprehending flexible. Right now I'm guessing most of the time if the stereo out from the prior effect is summed to mono or not?  ???

dont worry, boss gt1 still no update either

pelaomedinaese

yes, boss is launching new products and are bussy on that, but it's time for more updates for old and new unit that have important issues

Kevin M

I wouldn't expect any firmware updates on the GP-10.

Peter the GR-eat...

Quote from: Kevin M on November 12, 2017, 10:33:00 AM
I wouldn't expect any firmware updates on the GP-10.

No but I'm hoping! 8)

aliensporebomb

Probably about the time a VG-99 update appears!  (I'm joking!)
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Peter the GR-eat...

Well its just sad that Roland Boss has this approach.
Kemper, updates and its a reason for buying.
But all of this has been said.
Kind of hoping someone from Roland is reading....

Ok at least  SY-300 firmware update then?! :-\

Elantric

Quote from: Peter the GR-eat... on November 12, 2017, 02:42:25 PM
Well its just sad that Roland Boss has this approach.
Kemper, updates and its a reason for buying.
But all of this has been said.
Kind of hoping someone from Roland is reading....

Ok at least  SY-300 firmware update then?! :-\

Roland/ Boss  firmware updates are extremely rare events

I would never buy a Roland/Boss product based upon a hunch or web rumor that  a future firmware update will finally deliver the crucial missing features you seek

Instead use whats available now from Roland/Boss - or find an alternate product that actually delivers and meets the requirements and features you seek 

Redvers

I think the gp-10 is as limited physically as it is in software. So fixing one wouldn't improve it noticeably for me. Still love it though.

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Redvers on November 15, 2017, 02:09:43 AM
I think the gp-10 is as limited physically as it is in software. So fixing one wouldn't improve it noticeably for me. Still love it though.
Do you mean too small ? Not enough switches ?
Thats what makes it work for me , or I'd use vg88 instead.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Redvers

I think the direct guitar out is useless. If you could mix to two different outputs instead of having a straight stereo out that would be good. And amp control. And a send return loop. Basically a gt multifx with the modelling capability of the gp-10 and the synth capability of the gr series would be the ultimate unit.

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Redvers on November 15, 2017, 07:45:30 AM
I think the direct guitar out is useless. If you could mix to two different outputs instead of having a straight stereo out that would be good. And amp control. And a send return loop. Basically a gt multifx with the modelling capability of the gp-10 and the synth capability of the gr series would be the ultimate unit.
For me the direct guitar out is perfect using it with SY300 and return from SY into aux.
Also I'm a die hard stereo straight to PA , I'd like the amps to be in stereo and all the fx and I'd never use a fx loop nor the synth sounds from a gr apart from my GR700. And I don't even know what you mean with amp control.
Good thing we're all different with a different approach I guess.

- Lydia Lunch

karinhougaard

Just an aside - my Macbook died, I got the latest Macbook Pro and of course, Boss Tone does not work with the installed High Sierra...also issues because there is no onboard USB...VERY VERY frustrating. Wondering whether I should buy a small PC running Windows 10 just for this - or look into replacing the GP10...? Any advice?

admin

Quote from: karinhougaard on November 17, 2017, 07:57:35 AM
Just an aside - my Macbook died, I got the latest Macbook Pro and of course, Boss Tone does not work with the installed High Sierra...also issues because there is no onboard USB...VERY VERY frustrating. Wondering whether I should buy a small PC running Windows 10 just for this - or look into replacing the GP10...? Any advice?

Get a USB-C Hub

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071ZPP7S1/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510934585&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=usb-c+hub+macbook+pro&psc=1
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imore.com/best-usb-c-hubs-macbook-pro%3famp

Brak(E)man

Quote from: karinhougaard on November 17, 2017, 07:57:35 AM

Get a recond MacBook 2011 with SSD  , run 10.10 Yosemite

- Lydia Lunch

admin

Quote from: Brak(E)man on November 17, 2017, 10:50:26 AM
Get a recond MacBook 2011 with SSD  , run 10.10 Yosemite

+1

admin

Quote from: karinhougaard on November 17, 2017, 08:39:50 AM
Thanks for your suggestion - I have the Apple hub (similar to below) - Boss Tone does not seem to recognize the USB / find the GP10 even though driver is updated...spoke to Roland helpdesk yesterday - they say it might be High Sierra related. Latest update is for Mac OS 10.12 and High Sierra is 10.13...urghhhhh

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Type-C-USB-C-to-4-Port-Hub-USB-2-0-Adapter-5GBps-For-Apple-For-Macbook/961732890?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=11232&adid=22222222227103768282&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=221923377246&wl4=pla-359681015893&wl5=9009617&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117089434&wl11=online&wl12=961732890&wl13=&veh=sem

FWIW  -not all USB-C hubs work correctly with Macbook Pro
I only trust USB-C hubs for Macbook Pro with good User reviews

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071ZPP7S1/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510934585&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=usb-c+hub+macbook+pro&psc=1

karinhougaard

Quote from: admsustainiac on November 17, 2017, 11:02:15 AM
FWIW  -not all USB-C hubs work correctly with Macbook Pro
I only trust USB-C hubs for Macbook Pro with good User reviews

I bought the dongles from the Apple store - so I assume it is Apple certified to work? This morning I tried another one I have (also Apple) resulting in the same issue - the GP 10 recognizes that the USB is connected, but the laptop does not see the unit and asks for drivers to be installed...which I have done, 3x to be exact. Bottom line - it doe not seem to work with High Sierra. If ANYONE out there has the latest Macbook Pro and High Sierra and yours works - please let me know how - what am I missing? Buying another older Mac with Yosemite is out of the question(still not cheap!), and that leaves me with an entry level PC with Windows 10 dedicated to the GP 10 as last resort...oi. What a bummer.

admin

QuoteI bought the dongles from the Apple store - so I assume it is Apple certified to work? This morning I tried another one I have (also Apple) resulting in the same issue - the GP 10 recognizes that the USB is connected, but the laptop does not see the unit and asks for drivers to be installed...which I have done, 3x to be exact. Bottom line - it doe not seem to work with High Sierra. If ANYONE out there has the latest Macbook Pro and High Sierra and yours works - please let me know how - what am I missing? Buying another older Mac with Yosemite is out of the question(still not cheap!), and that leaves me with an entry level PC with Windows 10 dedicated to the GP 10 as last resort...oi. What a bummer.

I figure working GP-10 USB drivers for macOS High Sierra will arrive by end of the year
( this is a common issue with third party audio MIDI  drivers for anyone buying a new mac, or updating their macOS this time of year ) and I expect things to break again next year when Mac OS Even Higher Sierra is released in October 2018
Roland /Boss USB Drivers - Get latest Status
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9763.msg157744#msg157744

High Sierra Status
https://www.boss.info/global/support/support_news/1709261013b/

roachone

Quote from: Redvers on November 15, 2017, 07:45:30 AM
NOOOO! The guitar out is where my talkbox goes. I love this feature.