Author Topic: Where are we heading with vguitarforums?  (Read 786 times)

Offline whippinpost91850

Re: Where are we heading with vguitarforums?
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 07:55:57 AM »
I believe Elantric and Adminsustainiac are one and the same

Offline chlorinemist

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 08:00:50 AM »
I mostly just find the alternatives from newer companies much more exciting than the old Roland guitar synths. I'd love to trade patches with other users on the platforms I use but so far i seem to be among the first and only people employing the equipment I use towards guitar synth purposes.

Atm I'm using a Cycfi Nu 6, the Spicetone 6Appeal, Futuresonus Parva multitimbral analog polysynth (w/ FTP) and an Eventide H8000 and I now deal with none of the limitations I used to have to deal with when I had my old GK-Strat + GR-33 setup long ago. All the things I wished were possible are now totally do-able. I use software to cover all my digital synthesis needs currently but I'm very interested in the new Roland D-05, with it's multi-mono mode and multitimbral functions.

It makes a lot of sense to me for Roland to move focus to FTP-friendly synthesizers rather than dedicated guitar synths. Other companies (namely Cycfi) have proven themselves much more capable of creating a serious platform for multichannel audio guitar processing. Eventide's H9000 in particular will be the ultimate fully hex-octophonic string processing solution for the foreseeable future IMO, the kind proper answer to the AxeFX for hex-equipped guitars that Roland could only ever dream of building.

Also I would be overjoyed if future hex/poly guitar products started adopting Cycfi's 19 pin LEMO standard instead of Roland's crappy plastic 13 pin cables.

Online chrish

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 09:37:04 AM »
How's the "Futuresonus Parva multitimbral analog polysynth (w/ FTP)" working out as far as pitch tracking goes?

It would be nice to hear a demo of that combination.

The FTP USB dongle can just plug right into the synth correct?

I was wondering if that was the case.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:40:05 AM by chrish »

Online admsustainiac

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 10:27:28 AM »

Its true - we have several new members daily, and  Im often on the road working the forum from my phone with my admsustainiac account 

Offline Smash

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »
Ok well you get double thanks then!

Offline chlorinemist

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »
How's the "Futuresonus Parva multitimbral analog polysynth (w/ FTP)" working out as far as pitch tracking goes?

It would be nice to hear a demo of that combination.

The FTP USB dongle can just plug right into the synth correct?
 I was wondering if that was the case.

The Parva I recieved is defective (the right channels in every stereo pair are not working for some reason). I'm actually about to recieve my replacement unit today!! Assuming the new one works properly I'll finally make some demos today.
I have been using my Parva in mono alot however and it does work extremely well with FTP. The dongle plugs directly into the synth, yes.

I did actually make a little demo with a keyboard though if you just want to hear the sound of the synth
https://soundcloud.com/chlorinemist/parvaclip-dry-01

Online chrish

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »
I'm getting a  'can't find the sound' with that link to SoundCloud.

So does the parva allow the midi information from the FTP to pass through to the 5 pin midi out?

It's a question I asked The Tech Guy and he hadn't tested that function.

Offline dafrimpster

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 06:30:11 AM »
I am a musician and a nerd. I love this place.