Katana - Delay2 might not be added to all of your previous tones

Started by MeAndMyGuitarStuff, October 17, 2017, 04:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeAndMyGuitarStuff

Got the update for tone studio and updated the firmware.
It seems to me that the changes introduced make some deep changes on how the amp handles the data. And for that, I went ahead and reset the Head to the factory state. Although the installation instructions don't mention it.

After playing a bit with the new stuff, I started bringing my tones back in.
And it is surprise time. Some of the tones I had previously configured do not work with Delay2. Delay2 gets ignored.
On both modes: Rev+Del and Delay, any changes on Delay2 don't have any effect at all.
Tried comparing existing tones to maybe find a pattern. No success. No sneaky amps either.
The only thing that makes it work it's clearing the tone. Which clears all of the previous settings.

It's not a big deal, specially because with all the new options, it definitely is a good idea to review all of my previous tones. The new EQ alone is something worth a few hours of play.

Is this something that you might have experienced as well? Should there be a note on the new manual about it? (maybe there is and I missed)...

Thank you!

CodeSmart

When you don't hear Delay2, is it really ON (the red ON-icon is red and not greyed)?
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

MeAndMyGuitarStuff

Yes, it is on. For the tones that don't work, doesn't matter which of the three colors is selected.
Any setting on the Delay2 is ignored.

CodeSmart

Quote from: MeAndMyGuitarStuff on October 17, 2017, 09:13:14 AM
Yes, it is on. For the tones that don't work, doesn't matter which of the three colors is selected.
Any setting on the Delay2 is ignored.

I would not be surprised if this is caused by effect chain problems. Have you tried changing the effect chain setting (1-3)?
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

MeAndMyGuitarStuff

Yes... Done that too.

Can you enable and set Delay2 on all of your old tones?

admin

Can you enable and set Delay2 on all of your old tones?

Due to the new FW 2.01 architecture - I expect you would have to rebuild many old Katana patches from the ground up  - or "pilot error" with the new BTS 2.01 ? 

MeAndMyGuitarStuff

And were full circle... back to the main post.  :)
I am going thru them all just because of better sculpting options that were introduced.

I did expect the same... the Delay2 kink is the only thing I found. And there is not even a pattern to be said.

I was wondering if others found the same or other problems with old tones.

gumtown

Are you using Firmware 2 version of Boss Tone Studio?
just thought I would ask.....
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

MeAndMyGuitarStuff

Yes.
Besides, those options aren't even available on the previous version.

joeshmoe69

The delay2 is in the reverb box which is after the amp and every thing else.

When I set up my delay2 I had to run the effect mix way higher than if the delay
is in the front of the amp.

Maby thats what is happening??

Jimmy

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25323108/

QuoteI think I found what the delay2 issue is. It seems like the new delay does not play well with any of the sneaky-amps options. I had been using a couple of the brights (clean natural and clean twin) and it seems like the new options are worthless on those channels. You'll have to go to an unedited channel or hit "clear" on one of your existing ones to gain access to delay2.