Intermittent G string output

Started by tommy h, September 23, 2017, 11:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy h

Hey guys ,haven't been using the GR-55 that much lately,but i noticed now that the G string often has no output from the GR-55 all other strings are fine. If i power the unit off and than reboot it usually rectify's the problem .However it seems to be happening much more frequent. Any ideas? Also i had a midi problem using a fractal AX-8 AS THE CONTROLLER.( I never had issues before ,but today it was working fine and then would not switch to the proper preset . I have the unit atlas 5 years ,i wonder if it is dying?   Thanx

admin

tommy h

gumbo

What admsustainiac says....
..random drop-outs and other issues often occur as a consequence of bad connections between the pins of the cable plugs and the receptacles within the 13-pin Roland jacks.
Most times undertaking the cleaning processes described here:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3132.0

will overcome the problem(s).

..but if, eventually, you however manage to eliminate the cable as a suspect but still have the problem..it has been known to be the fault of the (internal) connection of the 13-pin jack in the Gr-55 to the mainboard within the unit.

Contact us for further details if that is the case.

HTH
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

tommy h

Thank you gumbo ,unfortunately I have to play in a dusty garage,I blew out all connections including the cord and my guitar 13 pin female and it works perfect ,i also blew out the all midi cables and connections and midi also works fine now. I will now read the article you posted for me about cleaning connections. Again thank you very much for your quick response

47Flyer