Katana - Headphone output too quiet

Started by ferris108, August 14, 2017, 11:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferris108

Hi, just bought a Katana 100 today. Great amp, but the headphone output is terribly quiet! I have to crank up the volume and master all the way. Is anybody else experiencing the same thing, am I doing something wrong?

rolandvg99

What kind of headset are you using?
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

ferris108

Quote from: rolandvg99 on August 14, 2017, 09:42:32 PM
What kind of headset are you using?

Hi, I'm using a KRK KNS 8400.

Eric Rowland

I'm having the same issue. If I turn up the vol and/or the master volume the sound gets distorted. This is with the gain at 8-9 o'clock and on the clean setting. If you add gain, the same distorted sound. It seems as though the clean signal is too weak. Backing tracks are strong and clear in the phones. I guess the Katana is just not made for headphone playing.....

rolandvg99

The distortion sounds like too much treble/presence combined with too much pre-gain in the Amp stage. This is often experienced while tweaking sounds while letting the Amp air dry your shins/calves. :)
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Eric Rowland

Personally I keep the presence very low and the treble very low as well. Gain low as well. I just have to turn up the vol all the way up to hear myself at a decent level. Oh well, at least I have dry shins........ :)