GR55 to trigger iOS app (korg iWAVESTATION) via Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth midi

Started by osirisja, July 08, 2017, 09:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

osirisja

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum and have recently invested in a GR55, a Boss RC300 and a Godin xTSA ....  The MD-BT01 connects to my iPad Pro seamlessly and with very little noticeable latency so I would say so far, it is a great choice for midi.

I have set up a user patch on the gr55 which is essentially empty, to send a midi trigger from my godin, via the gr55, to my korg iWAVESTATION on iOS to trigger a bass and drum loop, which feeds into my rc300 via aux in.  That all works fantastically well and amazingly, given the nature of a loopstation, the timing is only limited by my lack of it!

So, here is my challenge......  I have set PC-TX on the gr55, so the trigger is sent, but that is at a system level, so when I change to my next patch on the GR55 and play my Godin, it continues to trigger the iWAVESTATION.  To circumvent this, I have to shut down the app on iOS before I change patches on the gr55. How can I switch off, or prevent other individual gr55 patches, sending midi commands?

As you can no doubt tell, im not too hot with midi (or the gr55) yet

TIA

Andy

gumtown

You have 3 options

1. Change the guitar midi tx option from within the GR-55 menu.

2. place a toggling footswitch in-line with your midi cable to break the midi out circuit.

3. Use a midi device footswitch or midi command from your iPad to send system exclusive commands to switch the gR-55
guitar midi tx option on/off.

sysx commands for GR-55 guitar midi
F0 41 10 00 00 53 12 02 00 00 07 01 76 F7 = guitar midi on
F0 41 10 00 00 53 12 02 00 00 07 00 77 F7 = guitar midi off

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/