Roland Cube 10GX flat EQ

Started by aliendough, April 23, 2017, 04:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliendough

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been here. 

I picked up a Cube 10GX for home use and I like to run various modellers through it.  I'm wondering, at what settings on the EQ knobs would mean the EQ is flat ? 

any help is appreciated.   

alexmcginness

If youve got the free app called Room EQ wizard and one of the recommended measuring mics then you could run some pink noise thru it and see what the response of the amp is and adjust it accordingly.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

admin

Cube 10 X is so small,  no setting will deliver "Flat response"

aliendough

Quote from: alexmcginness on April 24, 2017, 01:32:16 AM
If youve got the free app called Room EQ wizard and one of the recommended measuring mics then you could run some pink noise thru it and see what the response of the amp is and adjust it accordingly.

Hi Alex,

sorry I don't have any mics, I just go direct all the time and make my drums and bass with midi instruments.  That's a good idea though.....maybe I can get a hold of a mic from somewhere. 

Quote from: admsustainiac on April 24, 2017, 08:53:14 AM
Cube 10 X is so small,  no setting will deliver "Flat response"

What kind of EQ settings on the amp would you recommend to give me a somewhat flat response for running my modellers through the Cube10?

admin

QuoteWhat kind of EQ settings on the amp would you recommend to give me a somewhat flat response for running my modellers through the Cube10?

It a bit like asking: "what settings on my Pignose Amp can make it sound like a Bose L1?"

Use what ever floats your boat -  -But know  the Cube -10 is not a Flat Response Full range amp, its designed for electric guitars

Best you can do is feed the rear "Aux Input and adjust EQ from the modeler feeding the Cube-10GX
https://www.roland.com/us/products/cube-10gx/

aliendough

Thanks for your input, admsustianiac.

davep2000

Try this quick method for a ball park flat eq set up if using your modeller into the guitar input of your 10GX

aliendough

Perfect!  Thanks davep2000!

Best wishes.