GR-55 -GR power requirements and wah question

Started by JiveTurkey, April 13, 2017, 06:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JiveTurkey

Couple of GR55 questions.

1. Anyone running a GR55 on their board and powering it with pedal power of some sort? I quick trip to the Google box finds the current draw to be 700mA? I ran it off a 500mA tap on my TruTone CS12 and it stayed powered; but I did not get a chance to actually play it and run it through it's paces to make sure everything worked as it should.

2. As with all my gear; I set my presets up to crossfade between amp tones and synth stuff via expression pedal. Ctl pedal kicks up the gain on the amp block and adds in an octaver. My problem is I would also like to have a wah available.

I am assuming I can run from my guitar out to the wah then back from the wah to the 1/4 in on the GK. Obviously; not the optimal way to go about it. Other than getting an external midi controller and controlling wah that way; is that the only way to do what I want to do without disturbing my default "amp to synth blend via exp" preset template? Thanks in advance!

JiveTurkey

I know I could probably pull the primova unit (that I don't own) into play and my external wah; just curious if there's a way I can do it internally instead of involving other devices.

Elantric

Quote from: JiveTurkey on April 13, 2017, 06:16:45 AM
I know I could probably pull the primova unit (that I don't own) into play and my external wah; just curious if there's a way I can do it internally instead of involving other devices.

GK Accessories - Add mono FX loop before GK Processor
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20687.msg148938#msg148938

JiveTurkey

Quote from: Elantric on April 13, 2017, 10:55:49 AM
GK Accessories - Add mono FX loop before GK Processor
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20687.msg148938#msg148938
I've looked at both of those pieces Elantric. If there was a reasonably priced US20 nearby; it'd be on it's way to you for modding  ;D The Primova is awesome but it requires just enough effort to procure it that I am holding off.

The previous owner had a regular 1/4" input jack installed on the GR but I am finding I can't process the signal. If I plug into the input jack with my regular guitar cord, I can get that same dry signal out of the guitar out jack on the 55. I cannot seem to get that same signal routed through the processing and then through the normal GR outputs. I am still digging back into the 55 after only having it for a really brief period years ago; so operator error is highly likely. If I can get that figured out; I will just put my outboard wah in that chain and be good to go.