Not New Here , But Been Gone A While

Started by Hurricane, January 31, 2017, 02:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane

Lots of water under the bridge since I was here last ( 2011 approx. ) .

The changes were hard core -

#1: Had a tumor removed from a place that hurts just to think about where it was  :o , the good part of this story is the tumor was not cancer , but the bad part was landing back in the ER for more surgery 4 days later , lost a lot of blood , trippy complications but I recovered .

#2: Shingles hit me a year later - still having pain but under control with nature's natural wonders ahhhh ====~~  ;D .

#3: I have been in 7 car wrecks since I was a kid @ 13 years . My spinal bones are wrecked up and down my back  but I'm still walking . The net results from the wrecks is a condition similar to Multiple Sclerosis that attacks my spinal nerve buy sending mixed electrical signals to my muscles . One night for the first time it caused me to have a severe arrhythmic heart beat that had me in the ER AGAIN .

They had to stop my heart

- ::) Yep they killed me    :-[-
It's done to get the heart back on beat .

----- But -----

While doing this they do this procedure to also check to see if you have any blockages , they cut into your femoral artery in your groin and insert a camera and snake it up to your heart to see where it's damaged and or blocked . They also shaved my pubes and shoved a catheter up my Johnson >:( , it was in all reality a worse pain than my heart was causing me too!

I was a athlete in my day and built up a strong body and big muscles and this was a problem for the surgeon(s) to the point of them severing my femoral artery in two pieces !
I heard a frantic panicked voice saying :

:o Oh my God I just cut his femoral artery in two  :o!

Just before all hell broke out as I was laying out on my back they they put this huge flat horse shoe looking thing that cradled half my chest and back , it was the " Zapper " that stops your heart in a flash .

Zap and I was soon looking at a white out prism of light and it appeared as if I  was flying forward to a brighter zone and yet I also felt motionless to . I looked for my hand and felt it move to where I thought I could see it but nothing was there .

When I heard the voices panicking I looked about and then down and saw everything from above . My motionless body , the blood everywhere and the Dr.s in full blown 2 minute drill time working hard to stop me from bleeding out . The whole thing left me with a black and blue bruise that covered my entire right thigh from the knee up and my whole left buttocks .

While working on me once I was stabilized they began to check my heart and then I heard the technician in a monitoring room ask why I was brought into the ER ? The surgeons said in reply to the technician that I  was in full cardiac fibrillation in all four chambers of my heart . The technician returned a reply saying that there was nothing wrong with my heart further saying my heart was in great shape adding that my heart seemed to appear like a man"s heart in his late 20's ,  I was impressed to say the least .

Then whammo in a flash I'm back in my body looking up at the team of Dr.s   

;D Before they could begin to tell me what had happened as they tried to explain to me about the accidental femoral artery separation , I stopped them and gave them the full run down on what I had just experienced and saw them do and say verbatim.

It totally shocked and blew their minds as I spoke about what they did and said .

I was a rough go for a few years but I'm one tough old bird and still perform , but the hardest hurdle I had to face and deal with was loosing my wife of 25 years , 3 years later to cancer . It's still a hard issue to get past after one and a half years later since she left this world for a better one ..

Music has been the difference all my life when it comes to bouncing back from an ordeal like this one  , my wife was the fourth loved one of mine to die from cancer ..

Peace my fellow musicians , never give up , keep the faith , it's working again for me now :
HR

gumtown

Welcome back !!
plenty of reading to catch up on  ;)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

aliensporebomb

Wow, what a recounting.  The whole floating above the doctors while you told them everything that happened was astonishing!

Welcome back!  Let's home the next few years are relatively uneventful health (and other things) wise.

My condolences on the loss of your wife.

Maybe get a dog and take walks every day so you can get out  and enjoy the fresh air?  Just a thought.

Anyway, you have enough material to write a half dozen concept albums at the very least. 

Welcome back again!

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

mooncaine

My condolences. It hurts and words don't help much, I know.

Welcome back. I'm glad you made it back to us! That bit about the catheter & the Johnson: that happened to me when I was a kid. Hurt so bad I told my wife if they ever have to do that, please assure them they will need 2 more strong people to hold me down. That was definitely the worst part of the whole hospital stay.

Hey, if a dog won't work out for you, maybe consider a cat. I've got 2 indoor cats. They are good buddies. One of them even likes it when I play high notes on the guitar (any high notes, really, even whistling). The other loves to play and lay in my lap like a baby and get his belly rubbed.

Hurricane

Quote from: aliensporebomb on January 31, 2017, 05:10:35 AM
Wow, what a recounting.  The whole floating above the doctors while you told them everything that happened was astonishing!

Welcome back!  Let's home the next few years are relatively uneventful health (and other things) wise.

Maybe get a dog and take walks every day so you can get out  and enjoy the fresh air?  Just a thought.

Anyway, you have enough material to write a half dozen concept albums at the very least.

Welcome back again!

----------
Thanks , it's getting better little by little .

Music is my therapy and solace , it's kept me sane.

Every night the songs pop inside me , I've got to get recording some .

The process of the technical logistics it takes to set up and record saps my inspiration, it's hard to get one going with out the other affecting the other adversely .. 

Looping seems to be what gets it done better than tracking and starting all over again from a dead stop .

Hurricane

Quote from: aliensporebomb on January 31, 2017, 05:10:35 AM

Welcome back again!

I've been doing just that on catching up alright , lots of new ground broken and knowledge to review .  :)

These past 5 going on 6 years have really as you made mentioned , has truly given me tons of material to scope out on .
The hypocrisy of the state of medicine and Dr.s/insurance is truly the pits - all credibility has suffered .

He's to a better day for us all , thanks .

HR 

Hurricane

Quote from: mooncaine on January 31, 2017, 10:11:18 AM
My condolences. It hurts and words don't help much, I know.

Welcome back. I'm glad you made it back to us! That bit about the catheter & the Johnson: that happened to me when I was a kid. Hurt so bad I told my wife if they ever have to do that, please assure them they will need 2 more strong people to hold me down. That was definitely the worst part of the whole hospital stay.

Hey, if a dog won't work out for you, maybe consider a cat. I've got 2 indoor cats. They are good buddies. One of them even likes it when I play high notes on the guitar (any high notes, really, even whistling). The other loves to play and lay in my lap like a baby and get his belly rubbed.

Yep here are no words to take away the pain ever . Thanks for your sincere thoughts .

I said the same thing to my wife after the ordeal , absolutely NO F----ing catheters hence forward for me !
As you said they are going to have a work out trying to put one in me or you again .

Thinking on putting together an aquarium , I'm in the southern Mojave desert - I miss the ocean , my wife and
I  had planned on moving to Hawaii , I took her there ( lived on the Big Island Hawaii 7 years 81/88) in 2007 , she fell in love with it .

I'm still planning on making the move there though anyway . Going off the grid is quit doable there on the Big Island Hawaii , there is a huge off the grid community there .

whippinpost91850

Sorry to hear about your issues. I wish you all the best and glad to have you back