How to show or hide features at the top of your VGuitarForums.com screen

Started by shawnb, October 29, 2016, 03:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb

All -

There is a little button, called the UPSHRINK button, at the upper right of your screen that makes certain features available, including:
   - The search box
   - The "Show unread posts since last visit" link
   - The "Show new replies to your posts" link
   - The "Show Likes" notification link
   -  Your own profile avatar & name

Helpful features, but if you could hide them, you get a little more screen real-estate.   This is especially helpful if you are using the more mobile-friendly theme for VGuitarForums.  (https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19252.msg138031#msg138031)

Hope this helps.  The difference on the mobile-friendly UI is shown in screenshots below.

If those features have disappeared, you've probably accidentally hit the UPSHRINK button...  It happens...   Hit it again to get those features back.

Shawn
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Elantric

shawnb

It's the little +/- by the date in the upper right.  It has always been there, just easily overlooked.

Understanding what it does helps, especially when using our mobile-friendly theme on a smartphone.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Elantric

What is the name of the "Mobile friendly theme?

I have two choices

* CURRENT THEME

* SMF DEFAULT

Also here is what the top toggle looks like here - seems same as it was ?

shawnb

SMF Default is the new mobile-friendly one.   Click on the "Use This Theme" link below "SMF Default Theme - Core".

Here are the descriptions of the three options:
  -  Forum or Board Default - Choose this if you are OK with whatever we choose.  Set to our current boxy blue "Core Theme"
  -  SMF Default Theme - Core - This is the NEW beige, curvy, mobile-friendly-ish, "Responsive Curve" theme for SMF.
  -  Core Theme - This is the boxy blue theme we currently use.

A little more on changing the theme may be found here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19252.msg138031#msg138031

Yes, the "upshrink" button has been here all along - it's just more helpful & looks a little different on a smartphone on the new theme. 

sixeight

I have found the upshrink arrow. I also noticed if I upshrink on my ipad, my phone will also be upshrunk. Great to discover after eight and a half year on vguitarforums  ;D