MIDX-20 implementation confirmation and ... Expression pedal sucess!

Started by carlb, October 17, 2016, 10:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlb

Hey Robert, I just want to confirm that as of now a PC and a USB to MIDI cable are needed for new code installs and to use the Editor?

Based upon the above, I'm using the MIDX-20 with v1.0 firmware (I assume) - no USB to MIDI cable ... No big deal for me. When I power everything up, I just come back and unplug, then plug-in, power to the MIDX-20. Everything works great.

Just had success setting up an Expression pedal on CTL1 and CC #20 - with the button interface. RTFM'd, then planned out the button presses needed, and checked the unit's response to those buttons. Went smoothly!

Setup Assign 1 on the GP-10 to monitor CC #20, and target the amp model's master volume. Works great!

For the upcoming musical, I'm running a mandolin with raw pickup output into the GP-10's 1/4" input. The Expression pedal now controls the master volume on the Mandolin. Also, the Midi-Mouse sends patch-up/patch-down to the MIDX-20, which sends those to the GP-10 while displaying patch number. Perfect!-
MIDX-20 is permanently mounted on the gig-rig. I need to get pics of the new rig. It's perfect for me.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

CodeSmart

Carl, please be aware that you really should upgrade the firmware to 1.2 when it feels safe in time, or send it back to me and I'll also do the hardware fix for wireless adapters.

And yes you need a PC and a USB-to-MIDI cable to do the brain transplant.

The latency in V1.0 is terrible for Guitar-To-MIDI or lengthy SysEx.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

carlb

Agree! I PM'd you about this (would like to get a second MIDX-20).
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker