GP-10 - Nylon Real Acoustic Collection

Started by Autana, March 24, 2016, 06:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autana

Inspired by the valuable contributions of other users, whom I mentioned at end of the demo video, this my first Patch Exchange post, and I chose the guitar nylon subject and Boss GP-10, looking for achieve more realistic acoustic sounds for classic, flamenco, Latin rock, pop, smooth jazz, Brazilian and other related styles.

Except some nice nylon presets here in VGF, very few patches I've tried, while can sound fine in other style scenarios, IMHO not success ed showcasing the sweet essence, rich tone and vibe of an authentic Spanish or South American types of acoustic classical nylon guitar.

In my country, Venezuela, musicians grown an entire life surrounded by acoustic instruments such as guitar, cuatro venezolano (ukulele cousin) tiple, mandolin, harp llanera "arpa llanera" etc. and its sound is like the air we breathe. So taking advantage of that I dared to create this patches collection (I named NyRaC - The Nylon Real Acoustic Collection), hoping  the results are at least half as good as expected.

Included audio and video demos reference. Thanks for listen and watch. Your opinions and criticisms could open a thread for technical and stylistic discussion.   

VIDEO DEMO - Nylon Real Acoustic Collection 

LiveSet#     Name                 Video time
01              Nylon Concert     00:41 ~ 01:00
11              MinaSambinha    01:01 ~ 01:38
04              NylonRockPoP     01:39 ~ 02:00
03              Nylon World        02:01 ~ 02:15
04              NylonRockPoP     02:17 ~ 02:41

NyRaC - The Nylon Real Acoustic Collection

NyRaC consists of a LiveSet (BOSS TONE STUDIO) of 20+ patches for the Boss GP-10,  focused on acoustic and electro-acoustic
guitar, looking to achieve realistic COSM nylon guitar tones for classic, flamenco, Latin rock pop, smooth jazz, Brazilian and similar styles.
While NyRAC is not intended to replace a finely built nylon instrument  (I think isn't probable for now at least) I believe the  results are acceptable to ensure an enjoyable  VG experience .
NyRaC is mostly based on extreme subtractive EQ/tone techniques and interaction, sometimes hard to control, between those GP-10 edit modules  and its parameters.

NOTE: many presets of this collection, use CTL1/2 EXPsw/ON and up to 6 simultaneous assign for special and important enhancements and functions,  please explore each preset carefully. I will try in my spare time for a description of each control, however in the video demo there are some examples.

The secret to get the real nylon tone, from the COSM nylon model lies in the simultaneous/linked use of the two equalizers available in GP-10, along with the interaction with AMP tone controls  and COSM AMP parameters such as Body, Tone and Attack. Unfortunately the second EQ is activated in FX, so the other effects of this module are not available, but apart from some occasional compression, who needs a Metal Zone, Rotary or UNI-V on a Ramirez Spanish guitar ;~))

THANKS VGF!  this is devoted to you!

Please, if you download the library I would love to know your opinion or comment, even your music and recordings using  NyRAC. Is very important to me as a developer to know their strengths and flaws, and working on possible improvements and releases.

****------ Although NyRAC library was created with the aim of sharing in vguitarforum, if you find it useful and enjoyable Paypal donations are highly welcome.  Thanks ------****

More demos:
GP-10 NyRAC NylonConcert-NylonSouth. GR-55: strings. AUDIO DEMO

NEW DEMOS
Smooth pop Style
https://soundcloud.com/carlosguitar/smooth-demo

Nylon factory presets VS  NyRAC
https://soundcloud.com/carlosguitar/nylon-factory-vs-nyrac-collection

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Quote from: Autana on July 29, 2017, 01:11:03 PM
Thanks so much to all for comments, I am glad to know NyRAC has been useful. I apologize for my absence in VGF, the reason is very critical circumstances in my country Venezuela. If you wish to make a donation, even with little I assure it will be very welcome. I am respectfull of forum rules, so, if interested, please msg me to inbox for details.
Best regards to everyone.

Carlos "Autana"

GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Elantric

Fantastic - Great contribution!

QuoteThe secret  . . .  in the simultaneous/linked use of the two equalizers available in GP-10,

FWIW - "use of the two equalizers available in GP-10 "  - thats also one of the tricks used by the best VG-99 programmers
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2239.0

ainsoph

Wow ! muchas gracias mi amigo for this wonderful contribution ,
all sounds are superb , so playable ,
and ofcourse also your video presentation is great !
Now we have huge collection of authentic acoustic guitars in a single box ! :D

mummer

Thanks for the great sounding patches! Enjoyed the video also... beautiful playing.

Cups

You are a MONSTER player!! Thanks for this.

I have to ask though: where is the Willie Nelson patch :)

alexmcginness

is there a way to get the parimeter settings so this can be ported over to the VG-99?

OK I downloaded the editor. Can you tell me which patch youre using in the demo video? Ill start with that one.

BTW these are fantastic and they transfer very well to the VG-99. Thankyou.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Elantric

is there a way to get the parimeter settings so this can be ported over to the VG-99/ SY-1000?

Download the new Boss Tone Studio for GP-10 version 1.10 and launch in the new "Offline Mode"
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17630.msg125525#msg125525

Load the patch,  review the settings (generic example below)

and Use Patch Cloning method in the VG-99  / SY-1000 Editor
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4087.msg27534#msg27534

CodeSmart

Great Autana,
I played a few of the patches to my band mates (have to mention they couldn't understand how the sounds created by a guy on the other side of the World could enter my pedal, but that's more of a educational thing) but anyhow, we all loved the sounds :D

Thanks!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

alexmcginness

I did DL the editor and cloned one into the 99. Had to tweak it a bit after as they play a little bassy for my taste. But theyre really good and transfer well.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Elantric

QuoteI did DL the editor and cloned one into the 99. Had to tweak it a bit after as they play a little bassy for my taste. But theyre really good and transfer well.

You may get very close, but just a reminder  the 2014 Boss GP-10 does have improved dynamic range on all its DSP Guitar Modeling,  compared to 2007 VG-99

hey - if possible upload the resulting patches into the VG-99 Acoustic patch area
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=29.0

Autana

Quote from: Elantric on March 24, 2016, 07:54:27 AM
Fantastic - Great contribution!

Thanks, glad to know you like it!

Quote from: Elantric on March 24, 2016, 07:54:27 AM
FWIW - "use of the two equalizers available i"  - thats also one of the tricks used by the best VG-99 programmers as well
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2239.0

And also is the trick of hopeless like me when things are going in the opposite direction  ;D
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Autana

Quote from: alexmcginness on March 24, 2016, 11:49:17 AM
Can you tell me which patch youre using in the demo video? Ill start with that one.

Sorry, I should have indicate it in the video.

11              MinaSambinha    01:01 ~ 01:38
04              NylonRockPoP     01:39 ~ 02:00
03              Nylon World        02:01 ~ 02:15
04              NylonRockPoP     02:17 ~ 02:41

Note: There was some minimal exciter efx added on the final mix, nothing that affected the original patch tone character.

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Autana

Quote from: CodeSmart on March 24, 2016, 03:36:27 PM
Great Autana,
I played a few of the patches to my band mates (have to mention they couldn't understand how the sounds created by a guy on the other side of the World could enter my pedal, but that's more of a educational thing) but anyhow, we all loved the sounds :D

Thanks!

Hahaha ... As music technology instructor here, I deal with that every day.  Don't worry now, within 10 years will be more difficult to explain them the reason why get my smiling latin face  in the air (holographic memo) describing the collection features in your Boss GP-2026   :D
Glad to know you liked the collection. Thanks!

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

whippinpost91850

Autana, Your playing is amazing and the Classical tones you have coaxed out of the GP10 make me want to take another look at the one I have. Thanks

alexmcginness

Quote from: Elantric on March 24, 2016, 04:03:25 PM
hey - if possible upload the resulting patches into the VG-99 Acoustic patch area
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=29.0

I will do that when I get back from a two month road trip Im going on next Tuesday. Ill definately be using at least one of these patches in my VG-99.

Autana

Quote from: ainsoph on March 24, 2016, 10:14:15 AM
Wow ! muchas gracias mi amigo for this wonderful contribution ,
all sounds are superb , so playable ,
and ofcourse also your video presentation is great !
Now we have huge collection of authentic acoustic guitars in a single box ! :D

Gracias amigo! very glad you like it. And how else can thank you for your incredible patches living in my GP-10!

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

roachone

alfstone

Autana,

your patches are really, really, REALYY WONDERFUL!!!

So, many congrats, many many thanks and coffee & croissant paid for you!  :D

Since you're so good at programming acoustic sounds on GP-10, what about doing the same with acoustics and 12-strings?

I can't imagine the quality of sounds you would achieve with those guitar sounds too!

BRAVO!!!

Alfredo

slooky

alexmcginness

Quote from: alfstone on March 25, 2016, 02:46:12 AM
Autana,

your patches are really, really, REALYY WONDERFUL!!!

Since you're so good at programming acoustic sounds on GP-10, what about doing the same with acoustics and 12-strings?

I can't imagine the quality of sounds you would achieve with those guitar sounds too!

BRAVO!!!

Alfredo

I agree. Ive ported two of these Nylon patches over to my VG-99 and they are amazing.

jackyzen8

Wonderful! Fantastic! Thank you very much for this!  :)

Bill Ruppert

Elantric

VIDEO DEMO - Nylon Real Acoustic Collection 

Thanks to the new "offline" mode in the latest Boss Tone Studio for GP-10 Version 1.10 ,
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17630.msg125538#msg125538
anyone can now import any GP-10 *.tsl patch and review the settings  - I maintain this facility is a great path to expand your programming skills and sound design knowledge for any processor.

For example here is Autana's NylonConcert patch

- pay attention to the Amp EQ,and FX EQ,  Delay, Reverb, and Control Assignment settings

alexmcginness

One thing that cant be duplicated in the 99 is the stereo chorus settings as there is an effect level but not a control for the direct level. Other than that, so far theyre transferring very well to the VG-99

starrats

WOW. At last no reason for midi sampled flamenco. Wish i could say this about steel acoustic after release  of nextgen vg system.