BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10 Ver.1.1.0 announced

Started by Autana, March 16, 2016, 09:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autana

BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10 Ver.1.1.0 Windows update (and user manual) announced!  the link provided by the program in 'news' doesn't work in my case, since there is the old version yet. But it can be downloaded here: http://www.boss.info/support/by_product/gp-10/updates_drivers/7031.

Update history
[ Ver.1.1.0 ]
Functionality Improvements

Librarian's "multiple patch copy," "multiple patch overwrite," "multiple patch move," and "multiple patch delete" are now supported.
    Multiple patch copy to the unit is supported.
    Moving live sets is now possible.

-----
BOSS TONE STUDIO FOR GP-10 VER.1.1.0 FOR WINDOWS
This is the BOSS TONE STUDIO download page for the GP-10.
Please refer to the "Using BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
When you use BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10
When you use BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10, please install a driver for your product in advance.
GP-10 Driver for Windows 10
GP-10 Driver for Windows

Update history
[ Ver.1.1.0 ]
Functionality Improvements
Librarian's "multiple patch copy," "multiple patch overwrite," "multiple patch move," and "multiple patch delete" are now supported.
Multiple patch copy to the unit is supported.
Moving live sets is now possible.

DOWNLOAD AND EXPAND THE ARCHIVE FILE
Download the file named "bts_gp10_w110.zip".
It is an archive file in zip format, please double click on the file to expand. After expanding the file, "BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10.exe" will be appeared.

HOW TO INSTALL
When Using BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10 Ver. 1.0.0
Before you install the new version, you must first uninstall the version of BOSS TONE STUDIO that you're currently using.
* Uninstalling the program does not delete live sets saved in the Library.

- Verifying the Version
Start TONE STUDIO, and in the lower right of the screen, click the [SYSTEM] button.
Click the [Device] button.
The version of TONE STUDIO that you're using is displayed.

- Uninstallation Procedure
Click the Windows [Start] button.
Click to select [Control Panel] - [Uninstall a program] or [Control Panel] - [Programs and functions].
In the list, click "BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10" and then click the [Uninstall] button.

Copy the "bts_gp10_w110" folder to the drive of your computer.
Double click the BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10.exe just downloaded to start installation.
Follow the instructions in the dialogue boxes to proceed.
When the "Installation has been completed." message appears, click [close] to finish.

STARTING THE APPLICATION
Turn on GP-10.
Connect GP-10 and computer with USB cable.
Double click the BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10 icon.
Selection screen of connecting device will appear for the first time you run the software. (After the second time running, the device will be chosen automatically.)
Select GP-10 and click [OK].
* Select "GP-10", NOT "GP-10 DAW CTRL"
* The device can be changed from the SYSTEM.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8.1
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7
Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(R)
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo or faster
RAM
1GB or more
Resolution
XGA ( 1024 x 768 ) or more

* Internet connectivity is required for using functions of TONE CENTRAL and downloading updated version of TONE STUDIO. (Please note that you might be charged for packet fee depends on your connectivity service.)
* This software has been found to work on typical computers that meet the above requirements, but we do not guarantee that it will operate on all such computers. Please be aware that differences in design or conditions of use may produce differences in the processing power of otherwise similar computers.

GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

roachone

Elantric

This is Fantastic!
http://bosstonecentral.com/

Now there is a new Boss Tone Studio for GP-10  "Offline Mode"  - for reviewing GP-10 patch settings without the actual GP-10 hardware being present and connected!

Lets hope the other BTS versions get these new Version 1.10 updates (SY-300, GT-100)

roachone

I cant get it to work. It reads "The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem.  The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid.  Please contact the application author." Not sure what to do. Any help?

Autana

Quote from: roachone on March 16, 2016, 10:09:14 AM
I cant get it to work. It reads "The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem.  The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid.  Please contact the application author." Not sure what to do. Any help?

IMPORTANT:    (As stated in the download page, I also happened to me, but already installed,  now to test it ;)

Before you install the new version, you must first uninstall the version of BOSS TONE STUDIO that you're currently using.

It work, I uninstalled 1.0.0 and I did install the new without problem.
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Elantric

Autana

Quote from: Elantric on March 16, 2016, 10:04:32 AM
This is Fantastic!
http://bosstonecentral.com/

Now there is a new Boss Tone Studio for GP-10  "Offline Mode"  - for reviewing GP-10 patch settings without the actual GP-10 hardware being present and connected!

Lets hope the other BTS versions get these new Version 1.10 updates (SY-300, GT-100)

YES! amazing!  Boss is reading VGF =)

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Elantric

QuoteYES! amazing!  Boss is reading VGF =)

At 2016 NAMM,  I spoke to Gary Lenaire (Roland / Boss Product Manager) and indeed they are reading and following us here at VGuitarForums 
http://www.rolandus.com/blog/author/gary-lenaire/

I'm very happy with the new Boss Tone Studio Version 1.10  - IMHO this new BTS "offline mode "  will help generate new sales for GP-10 and GT-001 / GT-100 / SY-300 - allowing anyone to review all the FX parameters and signal routing possibilities in a clear graphical manner the Owners Manual's cant convey. 

And allows Patch Cloning
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4087.msg27534#msg27534

roachone

Yep, remove old version. Works perfect. Thanks guys

Autana

Quote from: Elantric on March 16, 2016, 10:32:34 AM
At 2016 NAMM,  I spoke to Gary Lenaire (Roland / Boss Product Manager) and indeed they are reading and following us here at VGuitarForums 

I'm very happy with the new Boss Tone Studio Version 1.10  - IMHO this new BTS "offline mode "  will help generate new sales for GP-10 and GT-001 / GT-100 / SY-300 - allowing anyone to review all the FX parameters and signal routing possibilities in a clear graphical manner the Owners Manual's cant convey. 

And allows Patch Cloning
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4087.msg27534#msg27534

I absolutly agree, glad too, the off-line mode is a time saver, there was unnecessary cumbersome movements. It comes to me so handy just now, since I am preparing my first presets GP-10 pack contribution to post asap.

Also, just reading the manual update:  Parameter Guide, Sound List and BOSS TONE STUDIO use reference were added. Cool!

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

mr shankly

How do we move all our patches if we have to uninstall previous version first?

macman70

Quote from: mr shankly on March 16, 2016, 11:57:27 AM
How do we move all our patches if we have to uninstall previous version first?

In the very first thread above, instructions from Boss state we will not lose our patches (Livesets within the BTS Library). Make sure to have your LiveSets saved to your computer, I do that just to be on safe side and save them to a external drive:

HOW TO INSTALL
When Using BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10 Ver. 1.0.0
* Uninstalling the program does not delete live sets saved in the Library.

roachone

roachone

Quote from: Autana on March 16, 2016, 10:56:35 AM

'' I am preparing my first presets GP-10 pack contribution to post asap.''

I look forward to this!

vtgearhead

I note a warning to the effect that BTS won't work in a virtual Windows environment.  This is news to me, since I've been using it successfully in a VMware WinXP guest on my Linux box since day one.

papabuss

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Elantric

QuoteAt 2016 NAMM,  I spoke to Gary Lenaire (Roland / Boss Product Manager) and indeed they are reading and following us here at VGuitarForums 

The big news this week is is the new

VGuitarForums Facebook Page  - where Gary Lenaire is also a member (join us!)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VGuitarForums/

Autana

Quote from: papabuss on March 25, 2016, 12:50:33 PM
Autana, +2  ;)

Now 8+  ...... I am rich!    ;D

Quote from: roachone on March 16, 2016, 03:34:26 PM
I look forward to this!

Promise kept!  :)    thanks for all the support !

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Autana

Quote from: Elantric on March 25, 2016, 01:03:06 PM
The big news this week is is the new

VGuitarForums Facebook Page  - where Gary Lenaire is also a member (join us!)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VGuitarForums/

PROUD member here too !  thanks. 

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

47Flyer

Installed Ver 1.1.0 last night.  No issues other than Adobe Air which seems to need updates frequently.  Very happy with the BTS update.  The Librarian is much more functional and user friendly.

Elantric

Review the known  / confirmed bugs with latest version of Boss Tone Studio for GP-10
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17889.0

Autana wrote>
This BTS bug in GP-10 version has been reported and it is more or less consistent from one case to another.
After analyzing certain patterns of behavior, I could find a workaround that while not resolve the bug, it does allows me to properly save my patches without errors or alteration. In my case it works, but everyone should check if it does as well.

The workaround came after I realized some weird facts in BTS bug behave:

1- the first 10 patches, located in the BTS left list, corresponding to the GP-10 slots from 01 to 10, at least in my case always are saved fine and without alterations to library/Live Set. The problem is on any other patch from 11 onwards in rows slots x1 to x9 of each ten, EXCEPT (here the weirdest thing) the x0 of the each ten row, for example, patches 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 36, 38, 39 will be wrongly saved with the data from patches 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 and 09 respectively,  but patch 30 will save fine and unaltered. 

2- I noticed that while the patch is wrongly saved, it retains its name unchanged, but at the same time I look the GP-10 screen display and there appear the name and data corresponding to other patch located always within the first 10 memory slots. That is the real patch was saved in BTS LiveSet! In precise terms, there is not corrupted patch data, only is exchanged with the parameters data from another patch, due to the BTS bug.

For example, if you save patch 28 or 58 or 98 or any x8 of a ten row, the bugged BTS wrongly will save the parameters data corresponding to patch number 08 instead, but retaining the correct patch name in the LiveSet.

To summarize
Under the GP-10 BTS bug version, the only patches numbers that will be saved correctly and without alterations are: the first ten from 01 to 10, and patches 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90. All others (x1 to x9 of each ten row except 01-10) will be saved improperly.    Use these "safe slots" for your patch editions, if you need to save them to BTS Library/LiveSet.

TIP: another workaround if you need to save a lot of patches to BTS library, from any slot number and without errors, is to make a backup of GP-10 memory, which will appear as a new LiveSet. No problem and no errors exist when copying patches from one LiveSet to another.

Autana

BTS 1.1.0 tip and trick: 
How to change the default GP-10 original bank for a custom LiveSet of your choice in OFF LINE mode.

The new OFF LINE mode allow to review, tweak and save GP-10 patch settings without the unit be present or connected,  "...allowing anyone to review all the FX parameters and signal routing possibilities in a clear graphical manner the Owners Manual's cant convey...(Elantric)"  However there is a drawback in OFFLINE mode. BTS by default load the original GP-10 patches bank (the left list). BTS doesn't provide a way to load a complete bank of your choice,  and while you can import LiveSets from disk in the LIBRARIAN section, the patches only can be transferred one by one to the left list (no group transfer as in On Line mode) .
  As a easy workaround, there is a little trick which involves a minimum change, so that BTS get load your own customized user bank when program start, instead of the original GP-10 bank . 

- In the main BTS program directory look for the folder named "data",  the full path in my pc is (Windows, it would be equivalent for Mac OS's, just find out): 
C:\Program Files\BOSS TONE STUDIO for GP-10\_assets\data
- Look for the file gp-10_preset_patches.tsl
- Make and save a backup of this file.
- Delete the file.
- Choice a custom user bank (LiveSet) from your already stored banks location.
- Copy it in the "data"  folder
- rename your bank file to gp-10_preset_patches.tsl
- Start Boss Tone Studio
- Voila, your custom LiveSet bank is now the default patches set.
- Important: do you must to save your edited patches into LiveSets in LIBRARIAN, since any edit or change not saved this way will not preserved after exit BTS.

You can even make BTS load without patches bank list at all, just by previously delete the gp-10_preset_patches.tsl (don't forget to backup it!)
Also, is easy to deduce (confirmed) this original bank default file (gp-10_preset_patches.tsl)  is only used by BTS in OFF LINE mode, since in ON LINE mode (GP-10 connected) BTS reads the patches content from GP-10 internal memory.

I hope this be some useful, especially for patches researchers and developers working in the OFF LINE mode.
Personally  for the sake of a better organization and comparison, I still miss for more features in BTS to improve and boost the patches creation and edition. 
Because of that I am focused on the analysis/test of  Gumtown beta version of GP-10 Floorboard editor  which has 5 "Patch Clipboards" slots of immediate access for easy patches editing and compare, really cool developer tool !   
From here I encourage all of you users of the GP-10, to support Gumtown to continue developing his promising editor.

GP-10 - Gumtown's GP-10 Guitar Synth Editor

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15464.0

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Elantric

BOSS TONE STUDIO  - BUG FIX RELEASE
QuoteSupport for macOS Sierra (10.12) was added.
Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
Unintended patch data sometimes being sent during a patch-selection operation was corrected.
The values of ASSIGN 4-8 settings are not correctly sent to the unit from LIBRARIAN.
Some keyboard operations failing to work properly was corrected.
Other modification to the behavior of the user interface were made.

BTS for GP-10 (MacOS 10.12 compatible)
https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gp-10/updates_drivers/ada369b7-73c0-4aef-9659-2ce343f654ed/

BTS for GP-10 (WIN))
https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gp-10/updates_drivers/d02c1a00-8ce2-431c-bd60-49aee8ee1eb4/