GT-001: Is Windows 10 driver a Native ASIO Driver?

Started by Mystic368, February 16, 2016, 06:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic368

I'm considering buying a GT-001 and have read a few messages here concerning workarounds for Windows 10 driver support that were posted prior to an actual Windows 10 driver being made available.

The GT-001 and GT-100 product pages say Windows 10 will automatically download a driver from the internet when the device is connected. Maybe I'm wrong, but this suggests to me that the downloaded driver is some kind of generic Microsoft high latency windows driver model driver and not a native ASIO driver provided by Boss.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the driver Windows 10 downloads is a native ASIO driver? Has anyone had any performance problems with this driver on Windows 10?

Thanks! 

JoeSantor

I can confirm that it works perfectly.

I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the other week. My GT-100 was connected during the upgrade. When the upgrade was finished I was curious to find out if the GT-100 would still work. And indeed it worked with my DAW software, just as good as before. I also found a new Boss driver in my download directory on the pc. It was the W10 driver, it had been downloaded and installed automatically. I didn't even notice when it happened. The text in the html file that came along with the driver was signed by Roland Corporation.