GP-10 - Can the GP-10 tuner reflect the down tune settings?

Started by 47Flyer, September 28, 2015, 10:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47Flyer

The band that I play with always plays everything tuned down 1/2 step.  When I set my GR-55 system settings to down tune shift -1 the tuner recognizes this setting so that the tuner shows an E even though it is hearing an Eb.  When I set the GP-10 down tune shift to -1 the tuner still shows what the guitar is actually sounding.  Playing an tuned down E string results in an Eb on the tuner.  What does this GP-10 down tune setting do and is there a way to get the tuner to operate like the one on the GR-55?  Didn't see an explanation in the OM.  Thanks.

47Flyer

I see that I have a few folks who looked at my question but no answers yet.  Perhaps the question was not specific enough or it was just a dumb question.  I'll try it again.

Does the tuner in the GP-10 always reflect the note that it is hearing?  Can the tuner be adjusted to display a note other that what it is hearing?  What function does the Down Tune system setting serve?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Elantric

QuoteCan the tuner be adjusted to display a note other that what it is hearing?

no

jwest

If the tuner reference frequency would allow you to go down to 415.3 hz that would work but it only goes down to 435. Oh well.

Yohanes

Quote from: 47Flyer on October 01, 2015, 09:55:28 AM

...... What function does the Down Tune system setting serve?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I have same question, in the Boss GP-10 Boss Tone Studio, there is DwnTuneShift parameter in GK Setting window, the value can be choose between: 0, -1 until -5. Does anybody know what it is? (I have read the manual and googling with no result)
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

sixeight

Quote from: Yohanes on March 02, 2017, 10:05:36 PM
I have same question, in the Boss GP-10 Boss Tone Studio, there is DwnTuneShift parameter in GK Setting window, the value can be choose between: 0, -1 until -5. Does anybody know what it is? (I have read the manual and googling with no result)

AFAIK it is for those who have their guitars tuned down a semitone or more or who have a baritone guitar. It should improve tracking for osc synth and midi in those cases.

Yohanes

Quote from: sixeight on March 05, 2017, 12:49:30 PM
AFAIK it is for those who have their guitars tuned down a semitone or more or who have a baritone guitar. It should improve tracking for osc synth and midi in those cases.

Hi sixeight,

Thank you for your reply, I understand now, it means if I tuned my guitar down a semitone from standard tuning, this parameter is to 'accomodate' it and I should put -1 in the DwnTuneShift parameter, now it make sense. Got it.  :) 
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

admin

Quoteit means if I tuned my guitar down a semitone from standard tuning, this parameter is to 'accomodate' it and I should put -1 in the DwnTuneShift parameter, now it make sense. Got it.  :)

Yohanes

Ah, ya, my bad, it's on page 13  :-[

I was looking in Initial Setup on page 3, didn't thought it will explain in another page.

Thanks admsustainiac.
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

Elantric

I was looking in Initial Setup on page 3, didn't thought it will explain in another page.

Same with the crucial PU PHASE and Normal PU Gain  settings - completely omitted on the GP-10 Initial Setup on page 3

If you want to understand what these functions do - read the older manuals (VG-99)

pasha811

Quote from: Elantric on March 20, 2017, 06:40:49 PM
Same with the crucial PU PHASE and Normal PU Gain  settings - completely omitted on the GP-10 Initial Setup on page 3

If you want to understand what these functions do - read the older manuals (VG-99)

That solved my problem with balancing Normal PU with GK! :-) Thx!
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

cags12

Guys I need some help with this.

I have now two guitars that I use with my GP-10. Once is tuned standard EADGBE and the other one full step down DGCFAD. I have two GK settings configured, the second one with the parameter DwnTuneShift set to -2. However it does not seem the settings does anything.

All patches with Alt Tunings were created using EADGBE as reference so a DropD patch on my second guitar sound like a DropC.

What am I doing wrong that I can not make this work?

Please help

vanceg

ALL the Doen Tune setting seems to do is change the lowest pitch that the pitch tracker will accurately function with. I don't think it changes any display at all.

cags12

Thank you Vance, - Based on this thread it is very clear this setting is subject to mis interpretation. Very unclear from the user manual. I guess I will have to create duplicate patches all over the place...  :-\