RC-300 - How do I route acoustic/mic to PA and route guitar to amp?

Started by thadius710, September 25, 2015, 10:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thadius710

How do I route acoustic/mic to PA and route guitar to amp simultaneously?

Can't seem to find this info. I have searched. Maybe I am wording it wrong. Thanks for any help.

Threeleggedyoyo

There's a couple ways to do it.

How do you prefer to use your RC300 -- in Single or Multi mode? If you do it in Multi mode, do you record a single instrument on each track, or multiple?

or_sarusi

hi was wondering the same...
can u plz answer anybody?
im using both
single track for some songs
and multi track for others

Threeleggedyoyo

If you're using Multi track, you can set each Track output under the Memory or System settings. You could send some to the SUB outputs and some to the MAIN, for example. That's no good if  you want to do it at the same time. That's also not a great option for Single, though, because then you are sending different passages of your song to different outputs.

In either Single or Multi mode, you can take advantage of the stereo functions. As long as your looper is set to Stereo mode, anything you put into the L input will come exclusively out of the L output, and anything you plug into the R input will come exclusively into the R output. So you can get your mic into 1/4 inch format, plug it into one INS jack, plug your guitar into the other, and you're good.

However, anything you plug into the XLR jack will come out of both.

All this is explained in more detail here in the thread below. It was a thread about the RC-50, a precursor to the RC-300, so it's reasonable that you missed it. The same principals work though.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6864.0