Boss SY-300 - (User Reviews) Make Some Noise!

Started by mixman, June 30, 2015, 09:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrish

I'm counting on Uri Behringer to produce more low cost, high quality analog gear. From my understanding, if he needs a certain chip for a certain clone sound, he reverse Engineers that chip and manufactures it.

What I don't get is why Roland didn't put a gr 300 emulation waveform in the boss sy-300?

https://sonicstate.com/news/2018/03/26/this-is-what-behringers-super-factory-looks-like/

"Behringer's New Factory Is A Whopper
3 Million Square Feet      26/03/18 "

"There's been a lot of speculation about delays and timeline shifts in production of various Behringer products in the last 6 months - Model D is one of them which has seen some delays in full production. One of the reasons may well have been the brining online of a massive new facility in Nanlang, Zhongshan  China."

Quote from: Elantric on April 19, 2018, 06:54:01 AM
Not strange at all ( sadly) since new 2018 produced "all analog" audio products  are becoming rare, and remain considerably more expensive to produce.
Compared to DSP  / pSOC designs, 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSoC
Pure analog designs often have an order of magnitude more components, and 1% parts now have over 20 week lead times  The passive component manufacturers in Asia for basic MLCC SMD Resistors and capacitors have already scaled down the geometries on their fab lines

https://www.ttiinc.com/content/ttiinc/en/resources/marketeye/categories/passives/me-zogbi-20171204.html.html

- in reaction to the current iPhone design school, they can produce higher numbers of Surface mount 0201 size resistors per hour vs  old school thru hole type components ( seems only FX pedals and boutique tube amp builders remain the sole market for those components.   

and with Guitar based music dying, replaced by Hip hop and rap where computer based sample players thrive  - no wonder what we all seek is becoming more rare. 

I'd love to see a 2019 Roland "Waza" Craft GR-300 - but it simply cant happen because bulk of the IC's ceased being available years (decades)  ago. 

BROCKSTAR

So I read the entire thing here and I got a lot of info :] thanks all... So where did you all go though? Is the sy-300 that rare or disliked that everyone disappeared here and on other forums haha. Is anyone using it much anymore and if so you still enjoying it? I had one when they first came out but only for like a month and I didn't give it much of a chance but I remember thinking it was super cool etc... but then ended up trading/selling it later and been haunting me ever since and I could have gotten another one a long time ago but I kept putting it off until 2 days ago when I finally got one coming next week! I am sad to see that there has been no upgrades/updates since launch really etc... I'll be pairing mine with my line 6 helix floor unit.

chrish

Quote from: brockdavisson on February 16, 2019, 04:06:34 PM
So I read the entire thing here and I got a lot of info :] thanks all... So where did you all go though? Is the sy-300 that rare or disliked that everyone disappeared here and on other forums haha. Is anyone using it much anymore and if so you still enjoying it? 
We are waiting for aliensporebomb and smash to get one, dig into the machine and post some patches. ;)

Peter the GR-eat...

One this that differs the SY-300 from the 13-pin gear in the happy accidents it can allow.
I was playing around with it and managed  to get some great sounds that differed a lot from previous sounds.
After i while i realized that my Fuzz, kit that a build some year ago, was on!

I would have thought of trying that. 
On the contrary I've  alway tried to keep the guitar signal going into the SY-300 as clean as possible because "that's the way i thougth is should be"