Hi from the Blue Mountains Australia

Started by squatch, October 03, 2016, 12:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squatch

Hi all..newbie here!
I'm getting back into GK guitar after a 20 year break
Previously I'd had all the Rolands from the GR500 to the GR700 (yes, even the GR33B)
I had a Casio 310 for a while, then the Passac Sentient Six (a shame they didn't last)

Recently I decided to get a GI-10 for DAW and bought one without a pickup
I needed a pickup but realised for an extra $50 I can get a VG-8 S-1 with pickup, so I did
Researching the VG gear I discovered the GR-S & GR-D still on special so I bought them
I know a lot of people don't like the GR stompboxes but for extra VG layering I think it's worth it for that cheap
With the combination of GI-10 into any of my synths, VG-8 and the two VG stomps that'll give me some variety for experimental/ambient
Just need a 4 into 1 GK splitter now

Guitars: Parker, Kinman, Wilkinson, MJT
Amps: Fender SR, Ceriatone OTS
FX: Big Sky, Timefactor, Infinity, Lexicon etc
Hex: Roland VG-8 VG88, GR1, GRS, GRD, GI-10, GI-20, GKP-4
Synth: Roland MKB1000, MKS20, MKS30, XV2020 Kurzweil K1000, Kawai K5000S, Yamaha SY77, MU100, Korg Micro Preset

imerkat

Welcome back to the Deep end of the pool of guitar gear :)

squatch

Thanks for the welcome imerkat!
I'm looking forward to getting back into the GK
I haven't even played one since I tried the VG-8 when it came out (I thought it was cool that it did banjo)
Now I've just gotta install the pickup and get it happening. I'll get a splitter and an extra GK-KIT as well later heh

Synth: Roland MKB1000, MKS20, MKS30, XV2020 Kurzweil K1000, Kawai K5000S, Yamaha SY77, MU100, Korg Micro Preset

gumbo

Hi there squatch!

Welcome...glad to have you around.
Be aware that the GK-KIT is now discontinued, and it is wise to act soon to get hold of what is left in the global systems...

FWIW, the BEST price that I have seen in Oz is AUD 140 from a UK seller on eBay (including postage)...TurraMurra Music & equals in Syd are now wanting AUD 215 (was 175 not that long ago!)

The eBay item number is 162108615800  ...be aware that this seller does NOT post to all countries.

HTH

Cheers from Adelaide,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

mchad

squatch

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Thanks Pete, I noticed those UK GK-Kits, I'd better pull my finger out and get one (or two)
I stupidly blew my cash on a synth this morning (Kawai K5000S), so I hope the kits don't sell out

squatch

Cool..my wife let me buy two GK-KITs...what a top chick!
Eight left now (UK), get in quick!

EDIT: They've still got 10 left after I bought two, so they've got more than the listing suggests

kenact

Quote from: squatch on October 03, 2016, 12:49:37 AM

then the Passac Sentient Six (a shame they didn't last)

Welcome back to the fold, and welcome to the forum.

Funny you should mention the Sentient Six. I just got a bridge from another forum member, spjnowak, and I'm getting ready to mount it in one of my guitars. As soon as the work is done, and I have a chance to test it with the controller I picked up earlier this year, I'll be posting some photos and my experience.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

squatch

Hi Ken, thanks for the welcome!
I think I spoke to you maybe a year ago on freestompboxes about getting a Sentient bridge
A buddy and I bought up all the Sentient gear when Passac went into liquidation 1990?
Such a shame what happened to that company, the Sentient Six was light years ahead of everybody
I think to this day nobody's achieved 'pick direction' with different midi sounds dependent on up or down strokes heh

Did you get a manual with the Sentient Six? I think I saved one copy

Cheers, squatch