Greetings from France

Started by randulo, June 18, 2016, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randulo

My GR-1 is slowly dying. Normal, it's likely older than half the guitarists reading this now :-)
I bought it around 1993-4 and did some recording at that time and lots of live gigs over the years. I'm very used to the touch and have a lot of patches for it. Since it's getting ill, I decided to bite the bullet and spend the big bucks on a GR-55 which looks to have many improvements I was hoping for, like individual patch switch and expression settings - that's huge compared to one expression pedal setting.

As I haven't received the GR-55 yet, I can't play it, so I came here for some foreplay - dumb joke on so many levels, I know.
This place looks like it will be perfect for getting unstuck in the learning curve. I have two GK2 pickups, but decided at the last minute to also buy the GK3 just in case it matters :-)
Hopeful GR-55 convert from GR-1
Twitter @randulo
Medium @randulo

whippinpost91850

Welcome to the Family :) And be sure to read the top things to know about the GR55  https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=65.0

Autana

Welcome, you will have amply filled your expectations to learn about the GR-55.  And while you lose sleep in the waiting, and learn with whippinpost91850 suggesting,  you can also get fun in:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3091.0
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

randulo

Thanks! Just so you know, I'm very discriminating, so I already went through a lot of the FAQ, video and PDFs to make sure the forum and I are both worthy of each other. I can't be of any help to anyone right now, but when that day comes, I won't hesitate. Meanwhile, I already have a question I'll ask in the right place.

Cheers!
Hopeful GR-55 convert from GR-1
Twitter @randulo
Medium @randulo