Hello from Germany

Started by bea, June 17, 2016, 04:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bea

Hello,

i am Beate, an elderly lady from good old Germany.
Admittedly i am mostly a bass player, but from time to time i also enjoy playing on thinner strings. And i am one of the few gear building ladies around.

One of my recent projects is building an ergonomic guitar synthesizer. The project is work in progress.  Hardware is/will be a recent GK-3 internal kit and a used GR-20. And it looks as i might have several questions because the project is a bit "exotic" - the guitar also has a self wound low impedance pickup which needs a preamp. And i would like to do give it thicker strings and use a baritone tuning, maybe B-B or, if i find suitable strings, A-A.

The guitar already exists, but i need to mod it heavily in order to get space für the GK kit.

Majiken

Hallo Beate,

willkommen! Bin zwischen Mainz und Kaiserslautern, spiele u.a. Bass und Gitarre, und habe ständig Ideen, bin aber technisch/handwerklich nicht begabt genug, um sie selbst umzusetzen. Dein Projekt klingt interessant, vielleicht können wir uns allgemein austauschen? Der deutschsprachige Austausch hier ist quasi nicht-existent, scheinbar reichen die englische Sprachkenntnisse der deutschen Mitglieder aus... ist auch okay so, das regionale Networking ist halt nicht der Burner... aber die Leute hier sind höflich und extrem hilfreich, und ich wünsche Dir viel Spaß im Forum!

Cheers, Kenny
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

gumbo

Hello Beate!

A warm welcome to the Forum (all the way from Australia!)

Your project sounds very interesting - I hope we get to see some photos as it progresses  ;D

This Forum is a great resource for anyone working with Vguitars, no matter how they are configured, and I'm sure you will enjoy being part of it.

Kind regards,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

bea

Hallo Kenny,

Quote from: Majiken on June 18, 2016, 04:18:44 AM
willkommen! Bin zwischen Mainz und Kaiserslautern, spiele u.a. Bass und Gitarre,
und ich komme aus dem Rhein-Main-Gebiet, werde aber (hoffentlich) bald in den Taunus ziehen.

Quoteund habe ständig Ideen,

Ich auch. Viel Gitarrenbau - obwohl handwerklich nicht gut; ich mach es einfach.
Momentan arbeite ich ein paar alte Projekte ab, die liegengeblieben sind (neben dem Sanieren eines alten Häuschens). Das ist dieses Projekt, ein paar Röhrenverstärker, die nach dem Lötkolben schreien, und vor allem eine E-Geige, die ich auseinandernehmen muss, damit ich sie wieder richtig zusammensetzen kann. Da steht übrigens ebenfalls die Idee mit einem Synthie dahinter im Raum.
Und, sobald das in dem Häuschen möglich sein wird, ein akustischer Archtop-Bass mit niederohmigen Magnettonabnehmern.

scheinbar reichen die englische Sprachkenntnisse der deutschen Mitglieder aus...
Meine normalerweise auch.
Quotedas regionale Networking ist halt nicht der Burner...
Mhmm, ja, das Musiker-Board...

bea

Quote from: gumbo on June 18, 2016, 04:51:44 AM
Your project sounds very interesting - I hope we get to see some photos as it progresses

What would be the best place here for complete guitar builds?

But for a 1st impression i would like to refer to the main build thread of this guitar. It is in a (mostly amateur oriented) german guitar builder's place: http://www.gitarrebassbau.de/viewtopic.php?p=78343#p78343

The thread is not quite up to date: this evening i applied the last layer of clear coating to the guitar, and i'll start micromeshing during the forthcoming week.

Autana

willkommen Beate,

As mentioned, you will have good reception to your projects and ideas here, it will be a pleasure to share impressions and opinions about it. Hoping you enjoy much your membership to this boat of knowledge and "good vibes" . 

Freundliche Grüße   8)
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

bea

Quote from:  cplm
While you are there, just take a look at luthierwnc posts:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11899.0

Thanks, that's a really interesting thread, and his introductory post tells us that it is best to design a guitar from ground up for GK usage. After looking a bit into the forum i learned a lot. Especially that i would probably have done my own GK pickup and electronics if i had succeeded to register last year in January.

papabuss

Hallo Beate,
last but not least...
Herzlich Willkommen im Vguitar-Forum!
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Chumly

Welcome Beate,
my first wife was German, alas she had too much enthusiasm for Asbach!
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

bea

Quote from: Chumly on June 22, 2016, 09:19:36 AM
...alas she had too much enthusiasm for Asbach!

That's not so good.
Luckily i do not like Asbach and similar stuff...

krysh

my 2 ct's, yours,

krysh

sy-300 newbie and bass- and guitarplayer from hamburg, germany